Posted by Editoress on 09/19/08
Ontario Cyclocross Camp
Courtesy Scott Doel
Saturday Sept 20th at Centennial Park, Toronto
The excitement is building for this Saturday's Cyclocross Camp at Centennial Park.
Sign-in opens at 8:30 am. Sign-in will be located in the picnic pavilion on the west side of the Ski Hill (between Ski Hill and Batting Cages) Cost is $50 (Includes Lunch).
Pre-registration is open until 4pm Friday Sept 19th at www.ontariocycling.org I strongly recommend that you pre-register in advance. Day of registration is available on site, but we cannot guarantee lunch. All participants are reminded to bring your OCA License or Citizens permit with you to registration. Sorry no 1-event permits available.
Free parking is available in any of the parking lots off Centennial Park Boulevard. Washroom will be available beside registration.
Schedule of Events
8:30 am - Sign-in opens in Pavilion
9:00 am - Meet n Greet
9:15 - 9:45 am - Warm -up (Scott Doel)
10:00 - 10:45 am - Session 1
- Beginner - Mounting and Dismounting (Alex Sanna)
- Intermediate - Barriers and Run-ups (Marco Li)
- Advanced - Technical Cornering (Erik Box)
11:00 - 11:45 am - Session 2
- Beginner - Barriers and Run-ups (Alex Sanna)
- Intermediate - Starts and Accelerations (Scott Doel)
- Advanced - Line Selection / Accelerations and Speed (Erik Box)
12:00 - 12:50 pm - Lunch & Seminars
- Seminar 1 - Running for Cross (Marco Li)
- Seminar 2 - Bike Fit and Position (Scott Doel)
- Seminar 3 - Tire Selection and Pressure (Erik Box)
1:00 - 1:45 pm - Session 3
- Beginner - Gear Selection based on Terrain (Alex Sanna)
- Intermediate - Technical Cornering and Speed Control (Erik Box)
- Advanced - Off Camber Cornering (Marco Li)
2:00 - 2:45 pm - Session 4
- Beginner - Cornering on all surfaces (Scott Doel)
- Intermediate - Race Line selection (Marco Li)
- Advanced - Barriers / Run-ups and Sand (Erik Box)
3:00 - 3:15 pm - Race Day Preparation - Open Forum (all Coaches)
3:20 - 3:40 pm - The Final Exam - a 20-minute race to put what you've learned to the test.
3:45 pm - Wrap up discussion and Feedback
4:00 pm - Conclusion
It's going to be a great day for all cross enthusiasts, see you Saturday morning.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|