November 5/08 9:40 am - NB Cyclo-Cross Cup November 9th, Pumpkin Cross results
Posted by Editoress on 11/5/08
NB Cyclo-Cross Cup - Dieppe edition
Courtesy Luc Arseneau, Head Coach, NCC Atlantic
On Nov. 9th the 4th event in the NB Cyclo-Cross Cup will take place at Dieppe's Rotary Park
Everyone is welcome to come try it out! Mountain bikes are allowed. Information session on "What is Cyclo-Cross?" and the rules can be found on the Velo NB web site.
Registration is available on-line or on-site (look for signs) from 9:30am to 10:30 am. The cost is $15. Bring your VeloNB race plate if you have one.
Racing starts at 11:00 am and will last 3/4 of an hour plus 1 lap for men/women in Open, Sport, junior men, U17, and any Citizen racers.
Race goes rain, snow or shine. The Dieppe Rotary Park offers incredible cross conditions. The course will be similar to 2004 Cross Nationals and only marked on Sunday.
Awards and draw prizes will follow the race.
Important Note: If you do not have a Velo NB/ CCA license you must purchase a Citizen Entrance on site for $20.00. This allows the purchaser to participant in a Velo NB sanctioned race in the Citizen category. No points will be awarded to riders purchasing a Citizen Entrance.
- Information contact Jeff Currie at 506-855-5384
- Sponsor: Mike's Bike Shop Cycling Club
- Event sanctioned by Velo NB
Pumpkin Cross - Nov 2nd, Fredericton, NB
Courtesy Sheila Colbourne, Velo NB Executive Director
Twenty three hardy cyclo cross riders came out to brave the chilly but sunny Fredericton Pumpkin Cross at the Flemming Forestry Centre. This annual event is a popular one especially for pumpkin fans as the race awards are orange and edible. That and the nice, hot, post race BBQ eats, served up by the Radical Edge Cycling Club, make it a great event. Despite the near zero temperatures, race winner Ryan Belliveau was seen flying around the course in a skin suit, vest and freshly shaved legs!
1. Michelle Chase (Mike's Bike Shop)
2. Kelly Murray (Radical Edge)
3. Jane McKeown (Radical Edge)
1. Ryan Belliveau (Atlantic Cycling Centre)
2. Stuart Wight (Hottubes)
3. Brian McKeown (Radical Edge)
4. Jean Richard Cormier (Mike's Bike Shop)
5. Shaughn Smith (Bike Works)
6. Mike Davis (Radical Edge)
7. Mike LeBlanc (Mike's Bike Shop)
8. Charles Cormier (Mike's Bike Shop)
9. Don Ricker (Mike's Bike Shop)
10. Andrew Arsenault (Radical Edge)
11. Mark Mosher (Darling's Island Race Team)
12. Jon Spinney (Sea Level Cycling)
13. Norman Siebrasse (Radical Edge)
14. Ian Dennis (Mike's Bike Shop)
15. Sebastien Boudreau (Radical Edge)
1. Antoine Arcand
2. Aubrey Smith
3. Garth Millar
4. Brad Fulford
In the overall Velo NB Cross series the Women's leader is Michelle Chase with 300 points while Stuart Wight leads the Men with 280 points. The next race in the series takes place in Dieppe at the Atlantic Cycling Centre on Nov 9 at 11:00 AM. Details at http://www.velo.nb.ca.