February 27/09 15:20 pm - CCA Para-Cycling Coordinator Employment Opportunity
Posted by Editor on 02/27/09
CCA Para-Cycling Coordinator Needed
Application Deadline: March 13, 2009
Starting Date: April 1, 2009
The CCA is searching for a sport coordinator, para-cycling, to support the successful delivery of the national team program. The coordinator will partner with the national sport coach and the development director to ensure the performance targets of the sport are met for Canada. The coordinator is responsible for supporting the high performance objectives as defined by the Chief Technical Officer and for ensuring the implementation domestic development needs.
The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge in sport administration and specifically in the sports of para-cycling. Understanding of the Canadian Sport system is considered an asset. Project management, financial management, event management, experience working with volunteers and fluency in both official languages are considered key assets.
The coordinator will be required to work within a team environment to achieve Canada's goals across the five Olympic and Paralympic sports. Employment is at the national office in Ottawa. The start date is April 1st 2009. Salary commensurate with experience.
All applications will be confidential.
- Support head coach with logistics for NT projects
- Communication with national team athletes and web management
- Track and monitor results for national team athletes
- Act as manager at key projects (at the discretion of CTO) - Under the guidance of the CTO, manage budget in partnership with coach
- Work with coach to ensure that all CCA policies are respected Liaison with CCES
- Liaison with UCI
- Support marketing & media initiatives
- Commissaire Assignments
- Manage National Championships, international events in Canada
- Liaise with the provincial/territorial coaches & coordinators to identify strengths and weaknesses within each which need to be addressed or promoted
- Monitor NCCP and Commissaire development and liaise with Director
- Produce annual reports for the events and officials committees
- Support LTAD development, implementation and adherence
- Support CCA plan development and government applications
Type of Position: Full Time - Employee
Applications should be received by March 13th, 2009.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Canadian Cycling Association promotes Employment Equity. This position is financially supported by Sport Canada and Road to Excellence/Podium Canada.
Canadian Cycling Association
203-2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa , ON, Canada