Posted by Editoress on 04/20/09
After taking a look outside and checking the weather report for this afternoon, Midweek CC Monday night Learn-to-Race has been cancelled for the evening. We're expecting over 20 mm of rain today, with a large chunk of it to fall between 5 and 8 PM (78% probability of rain at Tahoe). Coupled with the fact this is a first session of beginners and cool temperatures, we feel it wouldn't be a good start to the season.
Don't worry, the full 8 week course doesn't start until May 4th, so we still have one more Monday before that for a good warm-up session!
For those planning to participate in tomorrow's Tuesday Night Criterium Series, while the reports say the rain will continue through to tomorrow, some forecasts call for it to clear up by the late afternoon. As of now the crit is still on for tomorrow, but stay tuned to midweekclub.ca for updates as the day goes on.
Midweek Cycling Club
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|