Posted by Editoress on 05/13/09
Muskoka Sports and Recreation is hosting their "Spring into Adventure Event", a two-day celebration of outdoor adventure on May 16th and 17th.
• The resort trail system is open for hiking and biking and Jamis Bicycles will be on site with complimentary trials of their latest mountain and road bikes, a complimentary road bike tour and giveaways.
• Red Leaves naturalists, led by Robin Tapley, will be at Wallace Marina to lead a complimentary paddle clinic for canoeing and kayaking.
• The naturalists will also be leading birding hikes throughout the Red Leaves property.
• The staff at Wallace Marina will be demonstrating how wind can be converted into energy for household use with a GUS , Greenpower Utility System wind generator.
• Grandma Emily’s Organic Foods will be providing complimentary samples to outdoor enthusiasts looking for a boost of energy on the trails and water.
• Butson’s Boat Shop will be open for the weekend show
Muskoka Sports and Recreation at Wallace Marina
1112 Juddhaven Rd in Minett, Ontario
Activities Schedule - May 16th & 17th 2009
|8:00 AM||Jamis Road Bike Tour
(Led by Jamis Bike’s Richard Browne - bike included)
|9:00 AM||Birding Hikes ( Led by Red Naturalist Guide,
includes KOA binoculars)
|10:30 AM||Canoe Paddling Clinic ( Introduction to Paddling)||35 Min.||Free|
|2:00 PM||Lake Rosseau Canoe Paddling Tour||1 Hr||$20|
|4:00 PM||Jamis Trail Bike Tour ( Led by Red Leaves Naturalist Guide
- bike included)
|All Day||Bike Rentals||1 Hr||$20|
|All Day||Kayak Rentals||1 Hr||$24|
|All Day||Canoe Rentals||1 hr||$24|
|All Day||Trials of Jamis’ Parker 2 and
Dakar XCR Team bikes.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|