Posted by Editoress on 06/28/09
The course for the Dukes Summer Epic 8 Hour at Hardwood Ski and Bike (on July 25th) is now marked and open for pre-riding! The course map is posted on www.epic8hour.ca and available at Hardwood Front Desk. The Epic 8 Hour course is open for pre-riding during regular Hardwood hours of operation only, and regular trail fees apply until Friday July 24th. Group discounts are available for teams and clubs. Please see the Hardwood website for complete hours and trail fees. www.hardwoodskiandbike.ca
The Epic 8 Hour Relay is all about the camaraderie, sportsmanship and the gritty, hard-core enjoyment of riding with friends. The Epic 8 Hour relay is a personal and team challenge to complete as many laps as possible from 10 am to 6 pm. Many riders prefer the 8 hour format for a solo challenge, but the majority of riders still enjoy the mix of fun, fast riding and the competitive (or not so competitive), social team atmosphere. Whether riding just for fun, or vying for a podium spot in your category, the Epic 8 Hour will be a memorable experience!
Other Epic 8 Hour News:
• New! Enter by July 19th and get your Team Name on personalized number plates!
• One lucky draw rider will go home with a Cannondale bike courtesy of Dukes Cycle and Cannondale.
• The Trails End Café is offering a $20.00 Meal Plan for the Epic 8 Hour, including Friday Spaghetti Dinner, Saturday Pancake Breakfast and Lunch BBQ.
• Hardwood’s Beach Volleyball court will be open all day for those with extra energy to burn!
• Summer Rules and Regulations are now posted on the event website.
• Early Bird Entry Discount applies until July 10th, so be sure to enter soon as save $$. Also cool Epic 8 Hour T-Shirts to the first 600 riders! Enter via www.epic8hour.ca
For all the event details and above information see www.epic8hour.ca.
We look forward to an awesome summer day of fun and great riding!
Courtesy Glenn Meeuwisse
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|