July 21/99 12:29 pm - Stem Recall, B.C. Hillclimb, Race Face Announcement
Posted by Editor on 07/21/99
RECALL OF ITM INTEGRATED AEROBAR
Cervélo Cycles has initiated a recall on the ITM Dual Aero integratedhandlebar, which was installed on some of the company's 1997 and 1998triathlon and time-trial and track models. The recalled product was NOTused on any 1999 Cervélo models. The recall affects the Ahead version ofthe aerobar only, not the quill version.
While the number of failures has been small and the recall is not beingcovered by the manufacturer, we at Cervélo believe in providing thehighest quality bicycles and components and are coordinating the recallourselves. Furthermore, because the failure occurs in the stem portionof the system and without warning, there is a serious safety concern.
The recall only affects the Aheadstem version of the ITM Dual Aerointegrated aerobar. Pursuant to the recall, consumers using a bike withan Aheadstem version of the ITM Dual Aero integrated aerobar shouldimmediately stop riding their bicycle and contact their dealer. Cervélowill replace the aerobar set-up at no cost with the combination of aSyntace Streamliner aerobar, a Profile Stoker basebar, and an Aheadstem.In the interest of public safety, Cervélo will also replace the aerobarset-up for customers who have these bars installed on non-Cervélo bicycles.
Customers who for some reason cannot contact the dealer from whom theypurchased their bike, can contact Cervélo Cycles directly at (416)425-9517. Dealers and consumers are urged to obtain a ReturnAuthorization prior to returning any product to Cervélo Cycles.
Anyone with questions is urged to call Cervélo at 416-425-9517, ore-mail at mailto:email@example.com.
B.C. Provincial Hillclimb Championships
(courtesy Alan Walrond)
The B.C. Provincial Hill Climbs tool place this last weekend (July 17-18) on the North Shore mountains of Vancouver. This was a 2 stage event. Stage 1 was a 12.2 km climb up Cypress Mountain which had an elevation gain of 725 metres. Stage 2 was a 12 km climb up Seymour Mountain which had an elevation gain of 1000 metres.
Note: The first time is for Cypress and the second for Seymour.
SENIOR MEN (cat 1,2)
1. B. McCallum (32:39 - 36:13)- GOLD
2. M. van Velzen (32:43 - 36:30)- SILVER
3. S. Dawson (33:22 - 36:33)- BRONZE
4. J. Keefer (33:45 - 38:08)
5. M. Ernsting (34:19 - 38:43)
6. A. Prazsky (33:45 - 39:39)
7. J. Scott (35:12 - 39:14)- partONE Corporate
8. S. Savage (35:12 - 40:42)
9. T. Senchuk (35:48 - 41:20)
10. S. Simpson (35:57 - 41:45)
11. C Wouters (37:46 - 41:20)
12. L. Zimich (40:04 - 39:41)- partONE Corporate
13. M. Brown (37:35 - 42:41)
14. H. Wouters (37:34 - 42:58)
15. J. Athanasopoulous (40:12 - 44:48)
16. C. Lam (40:44 - 44:48)
17. R. Suopanki (35:48 - DNS)
SENIOR MEN (cat 3)
1. M. Pruner (33:22 - 37:13)
2. A. Kyle (34:19 - 38:59)- ESPOIR GOLD
3. J. Shorter (34:54 - 39:11)
4. J. Cathcart (35:13 - 39:17)
5. J. Perkins (35:45 - 39:14)- ESPOIR SILVER
6. S. Pactkay (36:52 - 41:46)
7. N. Bradley (36:30 - 42:16)- ESPOIR BRONZE
8. J. Collins (37:45 - 42:16)
9. M. McIntosh (38:33 - 43:21)
10. M. Higuchi (38:25 - 44:07)
11. C. Piccini (39:06 - 43:32)
12. V. Brudov (38:37 - 44:15)
13. M. Giraldi (39:45 - 43:28)
14. S. Turner (39:03 - 44:31)
15. J. Greig (38:33 - 45:19) ESPOIR
16. P. Beard (DNS - 43:26)
SENIOR MEN (cat 4)
1. M. Mizrachi (37:39 - 41:27)
2. S. Pettipiece (37:50 - 43:35) ESPOIR
3. P. Jones (38:32 - 43:00)
4. J. Clark (38:32 - 43:15)
5. J. Kornell (38:59 - 43:15)
6. T. Kemecsey (40:12 - 45:43)
7. E. van Veen (40:18 - 43:49)
8. S. Edwards (40:46 - 45:38)
9. N. Steiner (42:39 - 47:49)
10. M. Haywood (44:34 - 51:08)
11. S. Fung (44:37 - 52:27) ESPOIR
Industry News - Race Face Appoints New Sales Manager
Vancouver, B.C. - Race Face Components Inc., one of North America's leading producers of high performance mountain bike products, is pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Chris Tutton is appointed North American Sales Manager.
Chris Tutton had previously been responsible for Race Face's USA sales while Canadian responsibilities were focussed with Eric Taylor.
"Chris has developed our USA business into a key contributor to our overall program," comments Craig Pollack, President of Race Face. "We are a player in the States and Chris has been a driving force behind that. Also, as the world gets smaller, it is important that we generate synergies across regions and combining USA and Canada into one territory under Chris' leadership will help us do that. This move will also allow Eric Taylor to focus more on our OEM business and better service our key customers. Chris' new appointment, and Eric's new focus, will aid us attaining our goal of being a world leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of durable and innovative mountain bike components and clothing."