August 11/09 10:35 am - Employment Opportunity
Posted by Editor on 08/11/09
Head Coach - National Cycling Centre Hamilton
The National Cycling Centre Hamilton (NCCH) is one of Canada’s five nationally designated cycling centres dedicated to the identification, recruitment and development of Canada’s high performance cycling athletes.
The NCCH was created from the legacy of the 2003 UCI World Road Cycling Championships that took place in the City of Hamilton. The Centre is formally partnered with the City of Hamilton, McMaster University, the Ontario Cycling Association, and the Canadian Cycling Association.
As a key regional high performance and development centre in Ontario, the NCCH works with local and provincial coaches and athletes in order to best identify, recruit and develop talent and to help prepare coaches and athletes for success at the local, provincial, national and international levels. The NCCH is committed to fairness and ethical conduct in sport.
Since its incorporation in 2005, the NCCH has coached 15 athletes to the Canadian National Team or to medals at National Championship events.
The NCCH website can be found at www.NCCH.ca
Application Deadline: August 28, 2009
Job Title: Head Coach
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Term: Contract – full time equivalent
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Board of Directors of the NCCH
Minimum Experience Required: NCCP Level III or International Equivalent (may be in progress).
Start Date: The successful applicant expected to start late summer or early fall, with the intent to begin programs for the new school year.
Summary of Position
The NCCH Head Coach is the senior staff person and leader of the Centre and is responsible for the day to day operation and administration of the NCCH. As such, the Head Coach will oversee all NCCH programs and staff and will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all of the Centre’s activities, including coaching, athlete testing, training sessions, athlete and coach identification, recruitment and development. The Head Coach reports to the NCCH Board of Directors.
• Directing all coaching programs at NCCH
• Coordinating the NCCH Athlete Identification and Recruitment Program
• Develop and plan annual programs for all OCA and CCA identified Centre athletes
• Coaching development and high performance cyclists from all cycling disciplines
• Overseeing the administration of the NCCH
• Ensure that expenditures for programs are sufficiently covered by program revenues and other sources of revenue
• Conducting testing for identified OCA and CCA Centre athletes and for other athletes on a fee-for-service basis
• Liaising with OCA and CCA
• Building network with current and potential partners in the cycling community and in the general community
• Attending training camps and competitions
• Working within Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development model
• Building and maintaining priority programs to best meet strategic goals of NCCH
• To manage the equipment and maintain an inventory of NCCH property
• To produce quarterly reports on NCCH activities for the Board
• To seek out and apply for grants and alternative funding sources
• To work with the Board to meet the NCCH mandates
• To oversee staff of the NCCH
• To act as a resource for Ontario coaches and athletes
• To prepare and submit an annual budget to the Board and to monitor revenues and expenditures in view of the budget
• Level III NCCP or international equivalent (may be in progress)
• Coaching experience at the national or international level in one or more of the cycling disciplines
• Experience working within a national level system is an asset
• Post Secondary education and/or training, preferably in science, physiology, or kinesiology is an asset.
• Experience working with budget preparation and management
• Ability to work proactively, independently and multitask
Application Deadline: August 28, 2009
Please send applications with CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew A. Iler
9593 Regional Road 9
RR#2 Canfield, Ontario