Posted by Editoress on 09/21/09
Many Trails, One Province, One Voice - Shaping Mountain Biking in Ontario
2009 IMBA Canada Provincial Summit - Kitchener, ON - September 25-27, 2009
The Ontario Mountain Bike Summit is less than a week away, and if you haven't already RSVP'd, we hope you'll consider joining mountain bike leaders and advocates from across the province to help shape the future of our sport.
Topics will include the creation of a provincial leadership body, bike parks and sustainable trails, youth outreach, and growing local capacity for the 40+ clubs and patrols in IMBA’s Ontario network. In addition to informative seminars and networking, the gathering will feature great parties and plenty of riding -- organized by the Waterloo Cycling Club and the Guelph Off-Road Bicycling Association. View a detailed agenda here.
The IMBA Summit is open to the public. Cost of registration has been kept to a minimum to encourage maximum participation from across the mountain biking spectrum. The $75 registration fee includes: access to all summit sessions, including the pre-conference trailbuilding workshop; Saturday and Sunday lunch and snacks; entry to the Chicopee Bike Park during the conference weekend; access to all group rides; conference booklet and swag.
If you are considering attending, please RSVP today, so that we can make arrangements to accommodate everyone.
If you have already RSVP'd, here are some additional links that you may find helpful:
• Directions to Chicopee Ski & Summer Resort
• Detailed descriptions of Summit Sessions
• Guest Speaker Bios
• Full list of Summit Sponsors
Can't attend the full weekend?
• You have the option of signing up for the Pre-Conference Trailbuilding Workshop only, for $25. Register here.
• Join us for a Jump Jam, Movie Night, and Silent Auction at Chicopee's Bike Park on Saturday Sept. 26, featuring the premiere of the newest Kranked movie, Revolve. Tickets are $5 at the door, with the proceeds of the evening going to fund the creation of a new Ontario Mountain Bike Initiative. All ages are welcome. More details.
Hope to see you this coming weekend in Kitchener!
IMBA Canada press release
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|