Posted by Editoress on 10/22/09
Escape Velocity Cross(Port)quitlam CX Race - October 24th
The Most Fun You Can Have on Two Wheels
Escape Velocity is proud to present event #4 in the Cyclo-cross BC Cup: Cross(Port)quitlam!
Raging across the eclectic terrain of Lions Way Park in Port Coquitlam, the course will feature lots of grass, lots of pea gravel, and one or two surprises. Our sadistic but thoughtful crew is working up the parcours with great care, and it will be an intimate course, attractive to both spectators and riders.
Note that mountain bikes are ALLOWED in all races except "A" category. So come on out, and race what you have (no tandems). No special bike necessary.
• 9:00 Course Open
• 10:00 Beginner Men / Beginner Women / Youth Under 17 (30 minute race)
• 10:40 Kids Cross (10 minute race)
• 11:00 Open B Men / Open Women / Master Women (45 minute race)
• 12:00 Elite Men (60 minute race) / Master 35+ Men (45 minute race)
• 1:15 Awards
• Register on-line ($25)
• Register day of on-site ($30)
Lions Way Park is almost completely flat, and mostly hard grass. We are commandeering a huge pea-gravel play area that will be induce some monster-power redline efforts thrice a lap.
Courtesy Jak New, Escape Velocity
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|