Posted by Editor on 12/29/09
Marketing and Project Manager (Maternity Leave Replacement)
The Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS) is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual to fill the maternity leave position of Marketing and Project Manager. This is a contract position with the individual working at the National Office in Ottawa. The Marketing and Project Manager reports to the Executive Director.
The key areas of responsibility for this position include marketing and partnership development; project management of the Mothers In Motion program, the Addressing Homophobia in Sport initiative, and the Active and Free Young Women, Physical Activity and Tobacco initiative; promotion and coordination of various CAAWS awards programs; Board member relations and meeting logistics; and, general duties related to association management.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• relevant degree in sports, kinesiology or business administration or equivalent work experience;
• related work experience in sports/physical activity administration, with volunteer and/or not-for-profit organizations;
• experience working with the Canadian Sport and Physical Activity communities;
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• strong organizational and planning skills, and experience with budget management;
• possess the ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
• bilingual in Canada’s two official languages (oral);
• experience in a woman-centered environment is an asset.
The position will be full time from February 15 to April 30, 2010, reduced to 3 days a week from May 1, 2010 to February 11, 2011 with the possibility of full time work available once grant funding levels are confirmed.
The salary is based on experience and qualifications in the range of $40,000 - $44,000/year (pro-rated for part-time work period).
Please submit a letter of application and a resumé, including the names of three references, no later than Monday, January 18, 2010 to Karin Lofstrom, Executive Director (CAAWS, N202–801 King Edward Ave., Ottawa, ON, K1N 6N5 / email: email@example.com / fax: 613 562-5668).
A complete job description can be found Here.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|