Posted by Editoress on 09/30/10
Pre-reg open for Vanier Park Cyclocross Classic (Vancouver) this weekend
The BC Cup cyclocross series' longest running event is back again on Sunday October 3rd, 2010, co-presented by West Coast Racing and Trek Red Truck Racing at our unique urban location in downtown Vancouver overlooking the scenic Burrard Inlet.
Check the main event page at the link below for information about new race day schedules and categories for 2010.
• Awesome professional neutral wheel pit service, courtesy of the Bike Gallery
• FREE BBQ Lunch from M&M Meats
• FREE Kid's Cross events for all ages (bring the whole family for riding and BBQ!) presented by Steed Cycles
Pre-register now! Start line call-ups are in order of registration (after series points leaders) so get the jump on your competition by registering early. On-line registration is available until 4:00pm on Friday, October 1st from the Cycling BC web site, plus save $5 on your registration fees;
OR for smoother race day entries print and fill out your registration form in advance from;
Other important notes for Vanier CX 2010;
• Parking at the Space Centre is NOT free any more as of this year. Consider riding to the event in our unique downtown location, or else give yourself extra time to search for free parking within the surrounding area as an option to the pay parking.
• Please refrain from pre-riding until race day, as the ground is quite damp and we want to minimize impact to the grass so that we can be granted a permit again in coming years from Vancouver Parks. Your cooperation is appreciated.
You can find more information here at the Cycling BC web site describing rule changes and other information for the 2010 BC Cup cyclocross series; www.cyclingbc.net
Once again we have a great list of sponsors helping us to run the event including Trek Red Truck Racing, Race Face, PowerBar, Ryders Eyewear, Schwalbe Tires, M&M Meat Shops, Active Life Physio, Sugoi, Bike Gallery, Steed Cycles, Bicycle Sports Pacific, North Shore Athletics, Uprising Breads, and Vancouver Parks. Thanks to all these supporters of racing and cycling in our community.
Who is West Coast Racing?
West Coast Racing is a community cycling club operating as a not-for-profit society run entirely by volunteers from within its membership. Various outdoor and indoor cycling programs are run by West Coast Racing year-round for mountain bikers, road riders, and cyclocrossers. West Coast Racing is also the organizer of the Cardiac Classic BC Cup Cross Country event and the John Henry West Coast Super D.
About 2010 Trek Red Truck Racing Team presented by Mosaic Homes
The Trek Red Truck Racing Team is committed to develop young cyclists to reach their fullest potential in their cycling endeavours and as individuals. Through our sponsors and friends’ support, we provide an environment where our young athletes can compete at the highest level while still maintaining their educational pursuits. Beyond racing, the members will also be very busy hosting the 5th annual Yaletown Grand Prix. The Yaletown Grand Prix, is an exciting fast race which winds through the heart of historic Yaletown. Like NASCAR the racing fans get an opportunity to see the racers pass through the start / finish area every few minutes. For more information visit www.trekredtruckracing.com
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|