Posted by Editoress on 11/8/10
The Canadian Sport Centre Ontario (CSC Ontario) is the Multi-Sport Organization facilitating high performance sport in Ontario, in partnership with National and Provincial Sport Organizations. The CSC Ontario supports high performance athletes and coaches in Ontario by providing an enhanced environment of services to help them achieve international podium results. The CSC Ontario is transitioning to the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario as the main legacy facility from the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Para Pan American Games.
Athlete Services provides sport medicine, sport science and life services support to high performance athletes in Ontario as well as to provincial based national team athletes that are not nationally carded. Coaching Services supports the NCI Advanced coaching diploma program (part of the NCCP), professional development, specialty coaching workshops, mentoring and support services for advanced coaches throughout Ontario.
Purpose of the Position
The Manager, Athlete & Coach Services is responsible for developing, delivering, managing and evaluating services to high performance athletes and coaches throughout Ontario. Working with the Director, NCI, Coach & Athlete Services and local program partners the Manager, Athlete & Coach Services will ensure that athletes and coaches have access to programs that enhance their sport performance and help them develop life and career skills to maximize their high performance sporting life.
We are seeking a self-motivated, engaging individual to come and work with us in sport. We require the candidate to be proficient in Microsoft Office, able to multi-task in a fast pace environment, and be trustworthy and diplomatic. Although not required, this would be an excellent opportunity for a retired High Performance Athlete or Coach.
• Act as the main liaison between CSC Ontario and the other CSC Athlete administrators in the CSC network
• Work with key coach service providers (national, provincial, CSC network) regarding the provision of services to coaches
• Deliver athlete/coach registration intake and renewal sessions
• Maintain the athlete and coach database (via Microsoft Dynamic CRM), namely contacts and provision of services
• Support and assistance in managing a multidisciplinary network of service providers from around the province
• Develop local program partnerships and networking opportunities
• Work with Sport Performance staff to understand and manage the needs, wants and expectations of developing high performance athletes and coaches
• Work with Sport Performance staff to deliver Podium services to targeted athletes
• Plan, develop, promote and coordinate a schedule of athlete/coach performance workshops
• Circulate information to registered athletes and coaches regarding programs/services and other high performance sport related material
• Track and evaluate programs to ensure services continue to benefit athletes and coaches
• Attend national and provincial meetings, workshops and training courses as required
• Proactive communication with athletes and coaches to monitor and evaluate programming success
• Prepare written and verbal program status reports related to program development and athlete/coach registration statistics
• Participate in ad hoc projects, special events and or applied research across the organization as appropriate
• Bilingualism an asset
Reports directly to the Director of NCI, Coach & Athlete Services.
Works closely with the Directors, Sport Scientists, Sport Performance, PSOs, NSOs, athletes, and coaches at all levels.
Works with other Athlete Service Managers, NCI support staff, and sport groups from across the country on projects as required.
Education, Experience and Certification
• Demonstrated experience providing services to high performance (carded) athletes
• Degree/Diploma in Sport Management, counselling or related experience preferred
• Experience dealing with national performance programs within national governing bodies of sport
• Experience coaching and mentoring with the ability to demonstrate competence and success in supporting personal development of clients
• An understanding of the multi-disciplinary practice of various sports science and medicine disciplines surrounding elite athletes
• An understanding of Canadian Carding, and the National Coaching Certification Program
• An understanding of the needs and pressures of elite athletes and coaches in a high performance environment
• A verifiable record of working within a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of support services in a high performance environment
• Experience developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practise, including working in an applied and integrated manner
• An understanding of the principles of effective planning and time management
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Dynamic CRM welcomed but not required
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational skills
Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to:
Canadian Sport Centre Ontario
204 - 12 Concorde Place,
Toronto ON M3C 3R8
Fax: (416) 426 - 7254
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The CSC Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|