October 13/99 12:00 pm - Ontario Photos, B.C. AGM, WWI Cycling Exhibit, Trivia Contest
Posted by Editor on 10/13/99
New Ontario Racing Pictures
Now that my computer is fixed there are a few hundred new pictures from the Ontario Time Trial Championships, Ashburnham Criterium, Tour Trans Canada, Detroit Cadiuex Club Criterium, Windsor Criterium and some Cobourg CC Pictures. These are all available at www.eagle.ca/cobourgcycle - just follow the links. Thank you everyone for waiting, I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Cycling B.C. AGM
Trevor Shpeley has been kind enough to pass on some of the key information of the CBC Annual General Meeting (held last weekend, in Kelowna):
- very good turn out (47 votes)considering it was a great riding day.
- The fee structure for 2000 which was basically the same as 1999 was approved.
- The proposed bylaw changes which would have resulted in a completely new structure for Cycling BC as well as items that would have smoothed operations considerably failed to get the required 75 percent yes vote and were defeated by a narrow margin. These bylaws which have been in the works for two years will now have to wait for next year for approval. Speaking on a personal note I can only hope that the people that traveled to Kelowna specifically to vote this down take part in the process this year so that we can implement these badly needed changes.
- Paul Done will run for a second term of President against Elmar Bertlson and I was voted VP off-road.
- new zone reps are Vancouver Island- Dan Clements, Fraser Valley- Tim Pollock, Okanagan-Dan Leblanc, Northeast - John Tolkamp
Armstrong Becomes Father
Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong and his wife Kristin became parents yesterday (October 12th), with a son - Luke David Armstrong.
Wheeled War I
An exhibition on the history of the Canadian Corps Cyclist Battalion from the first world war is being presented at the McCrae House Museum in Guelph, Ontario. The exhibition opens next week, and runs through June 18, 2000. The museum is at 108 Water Street in Guelph, and is open daily (except Saturdays), from 1-5 pm. For more information, contact (519) 836-1221. Sponsored by Braun's Bicycle.
Trivia Contest - Day 6
We are back with our Canadian cycling trivia contest. As before, first correct answer wins a copy of the 1998 MTB World Cycling Championships, courtesy Ryeka Sports. Your answers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today's question: Who is the Canadian company credited with inventing the bar end?