Posted by Editoress on 04/13/11
At the eve of celebrating its tenth anniversary, the Atlantic National Cycling Centre is happy to announce the details of its 2011 Cycling Academy. Over the next few months, the Cycling Academy will focus on the initial stages of the Long Term Athlete Development plan.
The youngest ones (8 to 12 years old) start on April 30th with the national "Let's Ride" Program, while the 12 to 15 year olds will start the following weekend with the Peter Wedge Program. These two programs are mainly offered in Dieppe St-Anselme Park (the older kids also go to other mountain bike venues in the area). BMX is a slightly different program and Mother Nature will dictate when the Subway BMX Track is dry enough to go.
Everything is based on skills development, fun, and self confidence. The National Cycling Centre offers you one of the best "learn to ride" cycling school in the country this spring! For young cyclists, three main programs will fill our calendar:
Let's Ride (8 to 12 years old) - $50
• Newly developed national initiation program
• Skills oriented
• 8 weeks (April 30 to June 18) on Saturday mornings from 9:30 to 10:45
Peter Wedge (12 to 15 years old) - $125
• Canada's best learn to train program
• 16 weeks (May 7 to August)
• Once a week until school is over, then twice a week during the summer months
BMX (5 to 15 years old) - $50
• Membership to the Subway BMX track
• Opening date to be announced according to weather
• Wednesday evening practice with coaching
• Fun racing series (in September)
On-line registrations are now possible at www.AtlanticCyclingCentre.com. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or comment. You can do so via e-mail coach.luc@AtlanticCyclingCentre.com or at 877-7809.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|