Posted by Editor on 01/20/00
Ron Hayman proudly announces the birth of daughter Ailie Hayman on January 18th at 6pm. Mom Neda and bouncing baby girl (8lbs, 4oz) are doing great.
HobsonStays With Schwab
National Road team member Leigh Hobson is returning to the Charles Schwab Inc. racing team. Others members of the team include Marie Holjer, Elizabeth Emery, Heather Albert, Nicole Freedman, Laura VanGilder and Catherine Cardwell.
National Team Selection (Mtb.): Riders, particularly juniors, interested in gaining selection to the Canadian National Mountain Bike Team riding the World Championships in Spain in June of this year are encouraged to contact the Technical Director regarding the selection process.
The Alberta Bicycle Association in the process of setting dates for the 2000 Cyclo-cross calendar. Any club or individual interested in hosting a 'cross event is encouraged to contact the Technical Director as soon as possible.
Sticking with Cyclo-cross, the National Championships will be held at Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School, near Okotoks, in early November.
Job at the OCA
The Ontario Cycling Association is looking to hire a part-time Program Co-ordinator for its provincial bicycle racing programs, including road, mountain, BMX and track. We require an individual to work 2-3 days per week.
Type of position: Contract - Part time (2-3 days/wk) - renewable
Hours: Variable including weekends
Remuneration: Contract - state expected remuneration
Reporting to: Office Manager/President
The program co-ordinator is primarily responsible for the racing activities that fall under the control of the OCA. They include the following:
- overall responsibility for the coding of racing licences.
- ensuring that race organizers are in compliance with all OCA requirements of the sanction for which they have applied
- issuance of insurance certificates
- documentation of OCA club affiliations and insurance program
- documentation and filing of sanction and insurance records
- collection and accounting for outstanding fees for OCA sanctions, levies, insurance, etc.
- work with the respective Chief Commisaires to establish assignments for race officials and to ensure the timely collection of fees and reports
- work with the VP Development in the generation of the race calendar
- responsible for ensuring that race packages are sent out to promoters on a timely basis
- other duties assigned from time to time
- extensive knowledge of the UCI/CCA/Provincial licencing system
- extensive knowledge of the sanctioning process for all disciplines
- in depth knowledge of the rules under which competitions are held
- basic understanding of accounting procedures and the ability to use Simply Accounting.
- extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher and Access Software
- knowledge of website construction and operation
- ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- experience as a race organizer (preferred, not mandatory)
The position requires an individual that can work without direct supervision and is able to schedule and manage the assigned tasks in a professional manner.
Applications accepted electronically until January 28, 2000. Documents accepted in Word 97 format.
Send all correspondence to: email@example.com
Jobs At Trilife
Trilife Sports International is an event marketing/promotion company that executes the 24 Hours of Adrenalin team and solo mountain bike series across North America. Trilife takes pride in hosting some of the largest mountain biking festivals in the world. The professional approach we bring to events is regarded as top class within the event industry. We are looking for some dedicated, hard working team players to take on various roles within our 2000 event season. This experience is perfect for those who are aspiring for careers in the mountain biking industry and also event marketing/management.
Mountain Bike Trail Manager (1 or 2 positions available)
* People describe you as having the following qualities; Mountain Bike Event savvy, Great communication skills, attention to detail, quick learner, ability to follow instruction, display an intense willingness to get the job done, whatever it takes.
* The Trail Manager will be responsible for setting up and taking down all aspects of the race course at each event. This includes banners, tape, signage, aid stations etc.
* The Trail Manager will help in the execution of the event which includes coordinating volunteers, maintaining the course, and doing whatever it takes to ensure a successful event.
* You will report to the Road Crew Manager.
* Consulting with local mountain biking contacts, it will be up to you to make recommendations and suggestions as to the race course routes.
* You will help out, as required, in other aspects of set up and take down of the event staging area.
* Contract will run from approximately May until October.
* Extensive travel is required!
* Remuneration commensurate with experience. (Salary plus bonus incentives)
Road Crew Manager
* People describe you as having the following qualities; Leadership, great communication skills, attention to detail, Sport/Event savvy, quick learner, ability to follow instruction, motivated, and display a willingness to get the job done.
* The ROAD CREW MANAGER will work with the Director of events to ensure all required work for events get accomplished in the predetermined manner.
* The ROAD CREW MANAGER will be responsible for driving the Trilife truck and trailer (along with one other driver) around to all the events across Canada and the USA. (a class A license is required - we will put you through the appropriate course and testing to obtain license prior to season) - Extensive travel is required!
* As the ROAD CREW MANAGER, you will be the first on site, and the last to leave each venue. You will be responsible for the set up, and the take down at each event. TSI's detailed list of the event process will be the standard for which all events will follow. It will be the ROAD CREW MANAGER's responsibility to keep the road crew and other hired staff on the scheduled timelines in order for the event set up to be ready for race day.
* The ROAD CREW MANAGER will be in charge of the entire road crew.
* The ROAD CREW MANAGER will liaise with Venue & Park managers to ensure that TSI meets all requirements before, after, and during the event.
* Ensure all TRILIFE race equipment is delivered on time, safely, and in proper working condition to each TRILIFE event outlined in our race calendar.
* The ROAD CREW MANAGER will be one of the managers on site, making sure all aspects of the event occur to TSI's standards.
* In between events and prior to the start of the season, general planning and office related duties will be required.
* Contract will run from approximately March until October.
* Remuneration commensurate with experience. (Salary plus bonus incentives)
Please forward your resumé to the attention of.
Steve Merker: Director of Events,
Trilife Sports International
7321 Victoria Park Avenue, Unit # 8
Tour de Langkawi
The Malaysian Tour de Langkawi is due to start next week (January 25th). Canada will have a national squad at the race (Eric Wohlberg, Mark Walters, Paul Kelly, Matt Anand, Sylvain Beauchamp and Peter Wedge), and Canadians Dominique Perras (Phonak), Michael Barry (Saturn) and Gord Fraser (Mercury) will also attend with their respective pro teams. We will be getting reports from the race every day, with our editor joining the event in time for stage 4, with its Category 1, 49 kilometre finishing climb on January 29th.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|