July 8/11 16:44 pm - Employment Opportunity - Product Manager at Cervelo
Posted by Editoress on 07/8/11
Cervelo is currently looking for someone to join their dynamic team in the role of Product Manager.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Experience: 7 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager; Triathlon expertise required
The Company: Cervélo is the leader in bicycle engineering and the world's largest manufacturer of time trial and triathlon bikes as well as road bikes. Cervélo was ridden by the 2008 Tour de France winner and was ridden by over 40 remarkable Olympic athletes at the Beijing Olympics resulting in 3 Gold, 5 Silver and 2 Bronze medals – a record.
The company is comprised of people who not only love cycling but also love innovating in every way possible. With a focus on "helping our customers win races", Cervélo is a high-growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial company dedicated to making a difference in the cycling industry. We are currently looking for someone to join our dynamic team.
The Role: The Product Manager will contribute to the short and long term product strategy, and execute on the product strategic plan to successfully manage and launch products. This role works collaboratively with Engineering, Sales, Supply Chain and Marketing to deliver innovative products as well as continuously collects and reports on competitive intelligence.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for:
• Contributing to the development of the product strategy for Cervélo ensuring it meets the company's short and long term goals
• Executing on the product strategic plan
• Collecting competitive intelligence and identifying and anticipating future trends, changes in consumer needs, and actions of competitors
• Establishing meetings / forums to proactively solicit feedback from Outside Sales Reps and Dealers / Distributors as well as other stakeholders
• Providing recommendations for product development and innovation based on research
• Contributing to defining product positioning and mapping the competitive landscape
• Defining, developing and managing product pricing
• Supporting the implementation of regulatory changes including CEN and CPSC requirements
• Building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external business partners
• Liaising with Marketing, Engineering and Sales for new product development
• Creating product specs, price points/margins, negotiating with suppliers, defining marketing initiatives, developing owner's manuals, training sales force and enforcing a quality assurance environment
• Contributing to and supporting the planning as well as leading the implementation of product launches
• Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers
• Attending industry events and delivering presentations as required
For this position we require:
• University degree in Engineering or MBA
• Minimum 7 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
• Five plus years experience in bike market/industry
• Triathlon expertise required/road expertise an asset
• Ability to execute on product vision
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to collect data and analyze trends
• Demonstrated success in defining and launching commercially successful products
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Contract negotiation skills, strategic thinking and strong decision making abilities
• Leadership abilities and strong project management skills
This role involves approximately 30% of travel (valid passport required), as well as weekend and off-hours work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all those for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cervélo is an equal opportunity employer.