September 5/97 3:45 am - Canadians at l'Avenir and in U.S.
Posted by Editor on 09/5/97
We have been spending the last couple of days concentrating on the Interbike trade show that we are attending in Los Angeles - be sure to check out our show coverage by clicking on the Interbike `97 button at the top of our homepage.
Now, back to the news!
I have more spotty details from the latest event in the Route 66 Mtb. Racing series.
Once again a carload of Canadians travelled south, and once again they dominated the weekend's racing.
Bill Hurley, Schwinn Canada
Marc Cousineau, Schwinn Canada
Julian Hine, Kona Canada
The Route 66 races were at Mt. Snow Vt. Aug. 31 and Sep. 01
Aug. 31 Short Track Criterium
1. Jan Wiejak (?)
2. Bill Hurley (Can.)
3. Salem Mazzaway (Kona USA)
4. Marc Cousineau (Can.)
September 01 Route 66 Cross Country
1. Marc Cousineau (Can.)
2. Rob Hall (USA Team Fat Chance)
3. Julian Hine (Kona Canada)
4. Jan Weijak
5. Bill Hurley (Can)
Tour de lâ€šAvenir
21. Barry, 22. Belzile, 23. Bernard, 24. Morissette, 25. Randell, 26. Walters
Prologue, Ploudaniel, 5.7 kms:
1. David Millar (GB) Cofidis 6:50
2. Rafael Diaz Justo (Spa) ONCE at 0:07
3. Luis Perez (Spa) ONCE 0:08
4. Christophe Bassons (Fra) Festina 0:11
5. Henk Vogels (Australia) GAN 0:12