October 19/11 13:17 pm - Employment Opportunity - Product Manager Giant Canada
Posted by Editoress on 10/19/11
For nearly three decades, Giant Bicycles, the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world, has devoted itself to the growth of both cycling and cycling culture. Known as the leader in technological innovation and state-of-the-art manufacturing throughout the global bicycle industry we represent a dedication to providing the best quality and most innovative bicycles to our customers. We believe in being as honest and uncomplicated as the idea of cycling itself.
Giant Canada is a small team of talented, active, fun people that work together as a team to achieve success in all departments. We are professional but also believe in staff lunch rides, coffee consumption, commuting to work and flip-flops as business attire. The success of our company is due to our dedicated staff who, at the end of the day, all roll up their sleeves and get the job done every time. Our office is located at the base of the beautiful North Shore Mountains and is conveniently close to fat and skinny tire rides.
Position: Product Manager, After-market cycling gear
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Work Hours: Giant Canada is seeking a full-time employee
As a product manager for Giant Canada, you will be in charge of the day-to-day operation of the Gear Business Division. You will be expected to analyze sales and inventory data in order to create effective sales programs, and work with the purchasing manager to eliminate the 'dead stock' potential. You will be in charge of a selecting a gear product line based on the needs of the Canadian market.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with marketing team to deliver tangible consumer-based programs and advertisements for the Gear Business division
• Staying up-to-date with current market trends and competitors in order to seek potential revenue opportunities through local vendor selection
• Communicating directly back to Taiwan Head Office regularly regarding product information needs and pricing details (shipping and logistics).
• Yearly attendance and complete product offering display at tradeshows for retailers. As such you will take on a primary role in executing tradeshow booth layout and sales pitch/tools to deliver expected revenue growth
• Possible travel to Taiwan and additional conferences/tradeshows throughout the calendar year
• Responsible for the full implementation and growth of our online gear store, in order to grow our online gear sales business
• Regular community outreach assistance in order to gain valuable market research in the canadian marketplace. This will involve frequent out-of-office work locally, regionally and nationally (periodically)
• Post secondary education an asset
• Strong analytic skills
• High level of Excel skills
• Experience with OLAP would be an asset
• Extensive knowledge of the bike industry
• Ability to identify trends in data and select product to fill particular market niches
• High level of self-motivation
• Works well independently as well as with a team environment
• Detail oriented and good organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle multiple projects at one time
• Ability to travel and work offsite occasionally
Application Deadline: November 1, 2011
Please forward your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Product Manager" in the subject line.