December 8/11 11:59 am - Employment Opportunity - Lead Mechanic (Calgary)
Posted by Editor on 12/8/11
Are you an experienced bicycle mechanic looking for a new challenge? Tired of working in the usual “roadbike or MTB only” kind of shop? Looking to be on the vanguard of the new “bikes as transport” movement? Want an opportunity to build your career in a fun city, working with a motivated and dynamic team? Do you love all bikes but really know city/commuter/touring/cargo bikes inside and out? Love dealing with people and making customers happy? If you answered yes to the above than see below:
Lead Mechanic - BikeBike Inc.
Lead and manage our service department, focused on customer experience, efficiency, and quality.
BikeBike is one of the fastest growing bicycle retailers in Calgary, serving the fastest growing market in the bike business: transportation and utility bikes. At BikeBike our main priority is to offer efficient, knowledgeable and friendly customer service for all cyclists - especially new cyclists (non-enthusiasts), families and women. We love to encourage and enhance the cycling lifestyle through fantastic customer service and we challenge you to help deliver this vision by leading our service department. Are you motivated to improve processes, quality and efficiency? Are you willing to share your experiences, knowledge and passion for cycling with our customers and other staff members? Are you looking to develop your career in the cycling industry, and love your work? If you say yes to these questions then you may be the right person for the job!
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all management and operations of BikeBike’s service department. The Lead Mechanic position includes a range of operational technical service, customer interaction, staff direction and related administrative activities. The role includes service department systems and process planning as well as team leadership responsibilities. Accountability will include timeliness and quality of all service work and financial metrics for the service department. Overall objectives are to:
• Ensure consistently outstanding customer experience in service department that builds and supports BikeBike’s mission.
• Provide timely, high quality technical service estimates, repairs and follow up support for all customers.
• Positive, energetic, customer-service oriented bicycle technician with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Significant experience in bicycle repair and service, strong knowledge on current bicycle technology, and a willingness to learn about new technologies specific to the urban bicycle market
• Team player with hands-on approach, interested in leadership, constant improvement and development
• Committed to promoting active lifestyles, enjoy community involvement, share a passion for cycling
• Ensure consistent outstanding customer experience in technical service at all times
• Deliver timely service follow up
• Control inventories - service item management and storage including ordering supplies, small parts and repair parts.
• Organize the service area - ensure the cleanliness and effectiveness of service and storage spaces.
• Sustain quality - in all new bike builds and repairs, ensure high quality workmanship.
• Embrace the community - engagement in local promotion activities and community outreach
• Additional projects, tasks and programs as agreed.
• BikeBike offers industry leading compensation for its staff members, along with a commitment to deliver a flexible, fun work environment
• Lead Mechanic compensation will be determined based on candidate’s experience and skills, and includes a base salary and other perks.
• Lead Mechanic role is full-time, flexible schedule possible, partial weekend availability is preferred.
• Location is: Calgary, 17th Ave SW
• The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the servicing, tuning, assembling and fitting of city bikes, commuter bikes, touring bikes, as well as a willingness to learn about cargo bikes.
BikeBike Inc. - Calgary's Citizen Cyclery
1501 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB, T2T 0E2
(403) 457-BIKE (2453)