Posted by Editoress on 02/3/12
Cycling BC was founded in February, 1974, and has one of the largest operating budgets for a provincial sport organization in British Columbia. We service over 70 clubs and teams with over 5,000 registered members. We also have a very active and elite level high performance team, with some members going to London 2012 Summer Olympic Games for track cycling events in August.
Our PSO develops, supports and delivers programs and services throughout British Columbia in partnership with member clubs, teams, and community groups. The overall goal of Cycling BC is to foster the development of the sport at all levels and in all disciplines, BMX Bicycle Motor Cross, Cyclo Cross, Cross Country Mountain Bike, Downhill Mountain Bike, Four Cross, Paracycling, Road and Track.
Position: High Performance & Events Assistant
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to our High Performance Coaching Staff and Team Members as well as administrative, on-site and promotional support for all Cycling BC competitions and events. These programs and events include but are not limited to the following: BMX Super Cross World Cup, BMX Nationals, Cyclocross Nationals, Road and Mountain Bike Provincial Championships, BMX BC Cup, Road and Mountain Bike BC Cups, and our Annual Awards Night, and support to our High Performance Programs.
Key Job Responsibility Areas:
• Support to the Director of High Performance (HP)
- organize HP team camps/competitions race entries
- organize HP team camps/competitions accommodations, meals and travel
- organize HP team camps/competitions coaching sub-contract work
- organizer HP athlete testing
- create and report budgets for HP team expenses
- organize schools program from bookings to contract staff
• Provide administrative support for all Cycling BC hosted events at the Provincial, National and International level, including the following Road, Mountain Bike and BMX duties:
- event committee meetings
- event scheduling and insurance
- event preparation - organizing event supplies pre event
- event race lists
- manage and execute event day operations and special events
- coordinate prize presentations and awards ceremonies
- post event results - compilation and website publication
- post event protests and discipline
• Promotion and communication of events
- pre and post event press releases and media enquiries
• Website maintenance and development
- update web pages as required with fresh seasonal information
- update web pages with latest new feeds and team updates
Chief Executive Officer, Director of Development, Cycling BC Staff
Committee Members, Cycling BC Directors and Contract Coaches, Event Volunteers, Club Representatives, Team Officials, Suppliers, Media, Canadian Cycling Association, General Public
University Degree or College Diploma in Sports Administration, Event Management, Recreation, Commerce or related discipline
Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years of experience in sports administration, event planning or similar work experience
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Knowledge of the sporting systems and working with not for profit organizations
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and computer skills
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proven excellence in work habits, able to work as part of a team in a team culture
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to work with a Mac an asset
- Primarily working in an office environment.
- Willingness to work outside of business hours when required. Some weekend work is required.
Application Deadline: February 17, 2012
Starting Date: March 5, 2012
To submit your candidacy or obtain more information please respond by email, fax or mail to:
Suite 201, 210 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Y 3W2
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted!
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|