Posted by Editoress on 03/25/00
Tour de Normandie
Stage 4 Flers to St-Hilaire du Harcouet 168 km
1. Lennie Kristensen (Den) Team Fakta 4:06.37
2. Dario David Cioni (Ita) Mapei at 0:27
3. Jean-Philippe Yon (Fra) VC Rouen 76 0.45
4. Morten Sonne (Den) Team Fakta
5. Frédéric Lecrosnier (Fra) VC Rouen 76 0.54
6. Jay Sweet (Aus) Big Mat-Auber 93 2.44
7. Luca Paolini (Ita) Mapei
8. Saulius Ruskis (Lit) St-Quentin-Oktos
9. Janek Tombak (Est) Cofidis
10. Alexei Markov (Rus) Lokosphinx
1. Linas Balciunas (Lit) St-Quentin - Oktos 17.46.05
2. Anthony Morin (Fra) Crédit Agricole at 0.02
3. Guillaume Auger (Fra) Big Mat-Auber 93 0.08
4. Danny Jonasson (Den) Team Fakta 0.10
5. Luca Paolini (Ita) Mapei 0.10
Trans Canada Trail Update
In September of 2000, the Trans Canada Trail will be officially inaugurated. The Trans Canada Trail is a legacy project, borne out of the Canada 125 Celebrations in 1992. This 16,100 km Trail will connect Canada from the Arctic Ocean to the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and will be the longest multi-use pathway of its kind in the world. To promote and celebrate this symbol of what Canadians can achieve together, The Trans Canada Trail Relay 2000 is being planned. This project, jointly funded by the Millennium Bureau of Canada and other corporations.
The Trans Canada Trail Relay 2000 will take place from April - September 2000. Water Carriers, selected by means of major national media recruitment campaign, will relay a vessel of ocean water along the Trail. The ocean water will be drawn at Victoria, Tuktoyaktuk and St. John's and will travel through hundreds of communities before it reaches the commemorative Trans Canada Trail Fountain in the National Capital region on September 9, 2000.
For more informatiomn on the Trans Canada Trail and the Trans Canada Trail Relay go to the website Trans Canada Trail
Cyclists as Superheros?
We thought you might enjoy a Captain RibMan comic strip that features Mat Hoffman.........
(courtesy) Rich Davis and John Sprengelmeyer
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|