Posted by Editor on 04/1/00
Ronde Van Wind Del, Ontario
(courtesy Val Davidge)
81 riders signed on at the start of today's race ranging from a 15 year old Cadet to Master C's and around 9 - 10 women. As always, the local people, the police and the Community Centre volunteers have been very friendly and the race went without incident.
In true Flandrian style, the wind took its toll over the long, straight and open roads to the point where over the half the field was dropped from the peloton by the half way point.
A full, detailed report will follow but here are the top 19 places from Stage
1. Heath Cockburn Jet Fuel 10 points
2, Peter Mazur Kissena 9
3. Josh Hall Jet Fuel 8
4. Ray Duggan Ind. 7
5. Dean Peddle NARC 6
6. Paul Rego 5
7. Matt Hansen Intersports 4
8. Michael Moore Mississauga Bicycle Racing Club 3
9. Hans Strasser Queen City 2
10 Dan Maggiacomo Jet Fuel 1
11. Jamie Ritchie Cane Creek
12. Jason Cheney Intersports
13. Osmond Bakker Ind.
14. Fred Perez NARC
15. Greg Cavanagh Mississauga Bicycle Racing Club
16. Keith Peck Ziggy's
17. Kevin Miller Jnr. St. Catharine's
18. Desi Desroches Hamilton CC
19. Mike Ybanez Mississauga Bicycle Racing Club
A Late April Fools...
We received this link: Go Here.
Happy Birthday To...
Mountain biker Neil Grover, yesterday.
Tomorrow: Tour of Flanders Road World Cup, and Mazatlan MTB World Cup.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|