July 4/12 10:24 am - GranFondoOttawa Update
Posted by Editoress on 07/4/12
Less than 3-weeks to go for the inaugural GranFondoOttawa bringing a festa-ciclisma to our ReggioCapitale from July 19th to 21st. We now have close to 1,400 riders registered and will likely sell out at 1,500 riders.
We have a few events making up the GranFondo weekend and expect to host more than 3,000 people during that period.
We have launched special fund raising programs to support Camp Quality, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation & Ride for Dad as their volunteers are helping us stage the event.
- Thursday night GiroPreFesta [Italian dinner] w/guests (Olympians, Cyclists, NHLrs) and an Art Auction at Brookstreet Hotel
- Friday Noon ClinicaCorsaSpeciale with Andrew Randell from SpiderTech & 2PM yoga stretch before the 3PM kit p/u & Event Expo/BBQ
- Saturday AM SaecoGiornoJaveFesta fueled by Starbucks w/remote broadcast via Cosmo from Chez106.1
- start times of 7AM SuprFondo/200K, 8AM GranFondo/170K & 9AM MedioFondo/100K
- lead out RideForDad motorcycle escort, supported routes w/sag wagons, RedCross & roving tech support by Norco and KunstadtSports
- fuel stops (feedstations) in Ashton, Carleton Place, Perth, McDonalds Corners, Clayton, Almonte and Carp stocked with Enervit, water, bananas etc
- ItalFoods-FondoFesta by Mike Moffatt [Beckta/Play] w/KBeer & CaveSpringsWine
- ZaphodsFestaMusica by PSL with live entertainment starting at 2PM [4 local bands]
Courtesy Greg Capello, organizer of GranFondoOttawa