Posted by Editoress on 09/21/12
Join 3-Time world single speed cyclocross champion Drew Mackenzie for a three hour clinic on all things cyclocross, on September 29th, 9:30-12:30pm, in Victoria BC
Clinic: Cyclocross 101 - CX Fundamentals
Date: September 29th, 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Clinic Topics and Drills Include:
Bike Set-up Basics
• Equipment selection and set up.
• Understanding and selecting clincher and tubular tires, and the importance of tire pressure.
Bike Handling and Cornering
• With many cross courses contain over 30 corners per lap, cornering skill and ability is one of the most crucial elements in cyclocross.
• Shifting and braking, weight shifts/body positioning, line choice and techniques for tricky terrain and challenging conditions such as sand, off-cambers, steep drops, and mud, snow, loose gravel, etc.
Dismounting and remounting skills
• Carrying and shouldering the bike.
• Techniques for barriers and stairs.
• Pre-race routines, race day nutrition and racing strategy,
• What to expect in your first season, keys to being prepared,
• Practice race starts and holding position.
• Clipping in, weighting, surface assessment for traction and other drills to develop cx skills.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|