Posted by Editor on 11/21/12
La Bicicletta is proud to present a showcase of one-of-a-kind bike crafts in time for the Christmas shopping season, from local and international artisans. On Wednesday, December 12th, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, come meet, explore, and buy the work of several unique artists, who will have their hand-crafted cycling gifts for sale. Get your loved ones something truly special this year! The artists on hand will be:
• Noah Rosen from VéloColour. VéloColour is a custom bicycle painting shop in Toronto that specializes in contemporary bicycle refinishing and vintage frame paint restoration. Noah won the judged "best painter" award at the 2009 North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show, and has collaborated with La Bicicletta for his 2010 NAHBS entry. Noah will be making something special just for participants of this show.
• Suzanne Carlsen from Poka Cycle Accessories. Suzanne is an award-winning metalurgist and jewellery maker, and is a previous winner at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. She makes amazing musette's, head badges, and chain gurads, as well as non-bike jewellery.
• David Atkinson, aka Hearts and Champions. David's canvas paintings are a unique interpretation of realism, perception, and heroics in cycling. The inspiration, materials, and methods used in his work demonstrates a complexity and maturity previously unseen in this subject matter. He may even have some limited-run posters made just for the show.
• Hannah Cross from Hannmaid. Hannah makes cufflinks, pendants and leather wallets with cycling themes, for subtle sartorial excellence. Since Hannah is from Melbourne, Australia, she won't be joining us in the flesh, but we will have her ware's on display since we like her work so much.
• Janet Attard from Janet Bike Girl. Janet has been a fixture of Toronto's cycling art scene for years, with her bicycle stencils and prints. She also makes hand-stenciled organic cotton t-shirts for infants, children, men and women.
Krys Hines, from Cafe Domestique, will also be on hand to brew espresso on-site.
Date: Wednesday, December 12th, 6-8pm
Location: La Bicicletta, 1180 Castlefield Avenue, Toronto, M6B 1G1
RSVP not required, but appreciated (so we have enough food/drink!).
Sponsored by Cafe Domestique.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|