December 19/12 10:10 am - Ontario Cycle Tourism Forum 2013
Posted by Editoress on 12/19/12
The Ontario Cycle Tourism Forum (OCTF13) is a one day conference on March 1, 2013, that will showcase Ontario as a growing cycle tourism destination, sharing examples and lessons learned from across the province.
The Ontario Cycle Tourism Forum will inspire those looking to start or take the next steps forward by providing information and the tangible tools needed to better capitalize on cycle tourism product growth and business opportunities.
Ontario Showcase: Presentations from regions across the province will provide a range of different perspectives on cycle tourism product development, regional and local initiatives, and participating tourism businesses, including:
• The Bike Shop in Gravenhurst
• BIXI Toronto Public Bike System
• Capital Vélo Fest
• Domestique Café Cyclo Sportif
• Hardwood Hills Ski & Bike
• Manitoulin Island Cycling Coalition
• St. Lawrence Parks Commission
• Venture Niagara
• Windsor Eats & Wine Trail
Bikes Mean Business Breakout Sessions: How destinations around Ontario can effectively create, communicate, and increase demand for their cycle tourism product. Learn more from a variety of speakers on topics that include:
• Maps, apps and other new interactive map making technologies
• Attracting cycling events and tours
• Developing safe cycling routes and trails
• Working with cycling master plans and cycling committees
• How to create a cycle tourism strategy
• And more...
More speakers to be announced. Detailed program information available here.
The OCTF13 coincides with the opening day of the Toronto International Bicycle Show, providing participants with the opportunity to further connect with the cycle tourism market.
Take advantage of $199 early bird pricing (+HST). After February 1, 2013, fees will increase to $250 (+HST).
Friday, March 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront
249 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2N5
For more information, directions, and accommodations visit the Ontario Cycle Tourism Forum website.
If you have any further questions please contact:
Or call 1-866-701-2774 or 416-827-2774.