March 9/13 9:17 am - 2013 Cycling BC DH Camp
Posted by Editoress on 03/9/13
2013 is a year of challenge and new beginnings for Cycling BC. You will know by now that there have been some radical changes and staff are working hard to regain the organization’s previous financial stability.
The consequence of this situation is that the DH program needs to progress on a step-by-step basis. We (Richard Wooles and Tara Mowat) are determined to keep the program alive but, in order to do so, we must remain fiscally responsible and not make any rash promises!
We are rebuilding the program from the frame up and the best place to start is with our passion: development. Development of young riders, development of skills, stamina, safety, strength and confidence.
This is the plan:
1) Offer camps open to all Cycling BC members U19 - intermediate riders only. Riders should have participated in at least one race (not mandatory, but highly recommended). This is to promote grass root development and give coaches an opportunity to sound out future team members. These camps will provide pre- and mid-season training sessions including on and off bike programs designed to help you achieve your personal best this season.
2) Learn to Race Clinics at every 2013 BC Cup DH Race.
3) Limited support at major races - Canada Cups & Nationals - IF funding permits - Richard will discuss this with riders at camps.
In order to achieve this broadbased ‘builder’ program, CBC DH has teamed with Cory Leclerc and the C4 Team out of Squamish, BC. If you are from out of town, rest assured! Cory will provide you with the information you need to put programs into practice.
2 DAY BUILDER CAMP #1 - Squamish, BC
March 23rd 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
• 10-2pm Skills and Drills with the C4 Team at C4 HQ
• 2:00 - 2:45pm quick lunch
• 3-5pm Gym Session
• 5pm PU from parents at C4 HQ
March 24th 10:00 - 3:00 pm
• 10-1pm Skills and Drills or Squamish ride with the C4 Team at C4 HQ
• 1-3pm Lunch and meet and greet with Richard Wooles
• 3 pm PU from parents in Squamish (Place still TBD) or Social Ride (parents and volunteers with trucks and racks required)
There will be an on and off bike segment to this camp on both days.
We will be doing skills and drills on Saturday followed by a gym session which will focus on MTB specific strength training. Sunday we will start the day out with skills and drills and wrap up the day a chat from Richard Wooles. For those able to stick around on Sunday after the chat there will be a Social Ride (parents and volunteers with trucks and racks are required).
You must have a Cycling BC membership and be between the ages of 12-19 with a passion for mountain biking.
Interested? Sign up and full details will be forwarded to you - details of the coaching crew, location, what to bring, etc. Please contact Tara Mowat at email@example.com or 604.737.3034.
**Please note if there is not enough interest this camp may be postponed**