October 1/13 9:08 am - Employment Opportunity - Cycling Canada Road & Track Coordinator
Posted by Editoress on 10/1/13
Cycling Canada (CC) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, CC aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances. With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
The Track and Road Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the delivery of both Track and Road High Performance and Development programs. The Track and Road Program Coordinator will partner with the National Track and Road coaches to support the High Performance objectives and delivery of the approved quadrennial plan and annual High Performance plan as defined by the High Performance Director. The Track and Road Program Coordinator will give technical assistance to the Competition Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of the national Track and Road championships.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In support to the National coaches, coordinate the planning and execution of all logistical arrangements
• Ensure adequate track and road program financial monitoring
• Assist the High Performance Manager and Track and Road Head Coaches in the development and implementation of selection policies and AAP carding criteria
• Act as team manager for designated projects
• Ensure the delivery of clothing and equipment from the national office and keep an accurate inventory of this equipment
• Liaise with P/TSO counter parts to ensure integration with CC high performance programs
• Assist Competition Coordinator on technical matters to ensure optimal Track and Road Canadian Championships delivery.
Knowledge and Skills
CC is looking for bilingual candidates that have general knowledge of the Canadian sport system and specific knowledge in the cycling sports and/or Track and Road discipline specific knowledge. The position calls for superior planning, logistical and communication skills. The Track and Road Coordinator needs to have multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Candidates will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
A post secondary education with a degree in sport administration or business
administration would be an asset.
In addition, the following skills, knowledge or experience will be considered assets:
• The ability to work with coaches and athletes
• Knowledge and experience delivering programs and activities
• The ability to monitor budgets
• The ability to create documents supporting the programs
Salary & Benefits
The salary scale for the position is in the range of $48,000 to $60,000 dependent on qualifications and experience. In addition the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits after a probationary period.
This position is subject to six-month probation; at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Starting Date: November 4th, 2013
Persons interested should send an expression of interest cover letter and resume for this position to email@example.com by October 18th, 2013
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Cycling Canada promotes Employment Equity.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada.