October 8/13 13:06 pm - Pacific Cycling Centre Offers Free Cycling Seminar
Posted by Editoress on 10/8/13
The Pacific Cycling Centre, Victoria, BC, is hosting a free seminar on Saturday, October 19th, to help prepare cyclists for the 2013 - 2014 racing season. Led by Head Coach Houshang Amiri, the seminar is open to all cycling abilities and levels.
The seminar will cover:
• What makes an effective plan
• How to plan training around school/work
• Explaining the concept of periodization
• Planning the phases/cycles of a periodized training year using an annual plan
• How volume, intensity and training focus should be manipulated throughout the year to create a balanced training plan
• Understanding tapering and how to use it at appropriate points within the training year
The seminar will be located at Pacific Cycling Centre, Commonwealth Pool, 4636 Elk Lake Drive, Victoria, BC, from 9 am to 10:30 am. Space is limited.