Posted by Editoress on 02/17/14
Open registration for the chance to race in the 2014 Enduro World Series (EWS) against a line-up of mountain biking's big guns, heavy hitters and World Champions, commences at 9:00 am PST, February 19th, at www.enduroworldseries.com.
The Series welcomes the return of all of 2013's top-ranked Enduro World Series riders to challenge titleholders Jerome Clementz and Tracy Moseley for the World Championship. In addition, a corps d'elite of World Cup downhill and 4X riders with 48 World Champion titles between them - Richie Rude, Fabien Barel, Anneke Beerten, Loic Bruni, Anne Caroline Chausson, Ruaridh Cunningham, Jared Graves, Brian Lopes, Greg Minnaar, Tracy Moseley, Steve Peat, Michal Prokop, Emmeline Ragot, Nico Vouilloz and Joost Wichman - will race on the Enduro World Series.
Anticipating high demand for the available spaces in all seven races, Enduro World Series organisers offer the following tips for applicants to get a leg-up on the registration process before February 19th:
1. Have your FCI or UCI licence number on hand if you are registering to race in Italy.
Racers at either La Thuile Superenduro or Finale Ligure Superenduro MUST have a current 2014 FCI or a national racing license recognized by UCI to compete. No day licences will be available. Registrations cannot be finalised without the FCI/UCI number.
If you do not record your licence number in the registration form, EWS will hold your space until Phase 3 registration opens. But If you are unable to provide the licence number on that date, your place will be forfeited and registration refunded.
2. Call your credit card company before February 19th to give notice of an unusual transaction.
Registrations are processed in the currency of the host event organizer by Cycle Component Network Inc of North Vancouver, BC, Canada, through payment processor WorldPay, UK. If you're registering for multiple rounds of the Enduro World Series or if foreign online transactions are outside of your normal spending habits, consider contacting your credit card company BEFORE registration to notify them of the transaction, so it's not flagged as suspicious.
3. Check the World Clock to translate 9:00 am, February 19th, to your timezone.
4. Set alarm.
5. Register using the centralised system at www.enduroworldseries.com for 6 of 7 races. Registration for Santa Cruz Montenbaik Enduro by MTBLab 2014 will open at 9:00 am PST, February 20th.
6. Purchase your EMBA membership for 30 GBPs if you plan to accrue EWS points. Membership is not mandatory to race, but is an effective way of showing support for EMBA and its mission to unify the enduro mountain bike racing community. Alternatively, you can simply fill in the racer profile.
Phase 3 registration for remaining spots will open approximately 6 weeks in advance of each event (dates to be confirmed at www.enduroworldseries.com).
The 2014 Enduro World Series will take riders around the world, as fulfils EMBA's mission, to experience the most diverse and incredible riding on offer:
• Montenbaik Enduro, Nevados de Chillan, Chile, 19-20 April
• TweedLove Festival, Scotland, UK, 30 May - 1 June
• Enduro Series Valloire, France, 21-22 June
• SuperEnduro La Thuille, Italy, 12-13 July
• Colorado Freeride Festival, Winterpark CO, USA, 26-27 July
• Crankworx Whistler, BC, Canada, 9-10 August
• SuperEnduro Finale Ligure, Italy, 4-5 October
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|