Posted by Editoress on 03/11/14
DEVO is looking for a head coach for our new mountain bike program. The right individual must have a passion for coaching youth and mountain biking and able to meet the challenge of developing first rate youth cycling program.
The successful candidate will have NCCP coaching certification or be working towards certification and be a self-starter with experience in developing ride and skill development plans.
Effective Date: April 1, 2014
Position: DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach Job Description
Salary: Commensurate with experience
1. Mountain Bike program planning coaching and coordination
2. Sponsor and club relations
Mountain Bike program planning, coaching and coordination
The Coach will develop, plan and implement an annual development program which utilizes Escape Velocity's administrative and material support and has the following characteristics:
1. Coordinate Mountain Bike race travel plans primarily with the Mountain Bike Coordinator and the DEVO program director as appropriate.
2. Coordinate weekly training schedule with Program Director and Mountain Bike assistant coaches.
3. Lead 2 training sessions per week (April 1-Aug 31). (Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM)/Sundays 9:30-11:30AM)
4. Attend races in the DEVO calendar identified as core races for the team.
5. Assist in integrating the Mountain Bike race and training plan with the DEVO program director, road head coaches and Catalyst Kinetics coaches.
Sponsor and club relations
The DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach role is a public role in both the immediate Escape Velocity and DEVO club as well as within the wider cycling community. The Mountain Bike Head Coach role requires the organization of volunteers and sponsor resources. In addition to general expectations of professional communication within the club to members and their families, the Mountain Bike Head Coach is responsible for providing regular updates (post-event or monthly, whichever is more frequent) to sponsors and club members about DEVO and relevant EV activities and opportunities. The means of updates shall include social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as formal communication means such as email.
The Mountain Bike DEVO Head Coach reports directly to the DEVO Program Director and Head Coach.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!
Posting details: Open until filled.
Submit resume to Andrew Pinfold at email@example.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|