March 28/14 9:21 am - Registration Opens for Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series (BC)
Posted by Editoress on 03/28/14
With a blend of the old and new, the provincial cycling championship spotlight will be shining on Greater Victoria with the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series presented by PISE (Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence), May 30th to June 1st.
"Robert W. Cameron Law is very proud to be entering its 5th year as the title sponsor of BC's premier Bicycle Racing Championship event," says Bob Cameron, a former national level cyclist. "The continued growth of the sport of bicycle racing in Victoria depends upon creating top level events with history and community support to attract the best racers in Canada and the Pacific Northwest."
For the first time in the cycling series, the BC Road Elite, the BC Road Masters and the BC Criterium championships will all combine for the weekend event. As well, the series is welcoming PISE into the cycling fold as presenting sponsor.
"PISE is very pleased to be supporting this great cycling event as part of our commitment to helping develop healthy active communities engaged in sport and physical activity," says Robert Bettauer, PISE CEO, "Cycling is one of the great physical activities that anyone at any age and ability level can enjoy. Together with our partner Canadian Sport Institute Pacific, we are also dedicated to helping our athletes achieve podium excellence through increasing the support and opportunities for cycling in the Greater Victoria Region."
"Our law firm has been a long-time supporter of cycling in the community and high profile events such as the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series further promotes cycling and a healthy lifestyle for all ages and abilities," says Cameron. "We are pleased to be associated with our subsidiary sponsors and look forward to welcoming some of the Canada's top racers for a safe and exciting weekend of Championship racing."
• Hotel Zed Dallas Road Time Trial - May 30th, (6 pm) start and finish at Clover Point
• Accent Inns Cycling Classic - BC Road Elite/Masters Road Cycling Championships - May 31st (starting at 7:30 a.m. to about approximately 1:30 p.m.) at Liberty Road in Metchosin
• 22nd Annual Russ Hay's/Accent Inns Bastion Square Grand Prix - BC Criterium Cycling Championships - June 1st (starting at 8 a.m. with the last race, the men's elite, starting at 1 pm)
• Tim Hortons Timbits Challenge - June 1st, (starting at 11 a.m. at Bastion Square, free event for kids aged 3 to 10). Pre-register at www.victoria-cycling.com (150 participant maximum)
• Celebrity Bike Relay - June 1st, inaugural celebrity race held before the elite races.
Registration is now open for both licensed and beginner cyclists. Visit www.victoria-cycling.com to take advantage of special early bird pricing until April 30, 2014. Early bird entrants are automatically entered in a draw for one of two yellow jersey tune up packages courtesy of Velofix (Only available to Lower Mainland and Greater Victoria residents).