April 1/14 13:35 pm - Employment Opportunity - Alberta Triathlon Association
Posted by Editoress on 04/1/14
Alberta Triathlon Association (ATA), the Provincial Sport Governing Body for triathlon in Alberta is currently seeking an individual to fill the new position of Summer Student on a contract basis during the summer of 2014. This administrative/field position is designed to support the office staff of the Alberta Triathlon Association in such aspects as event operations, equipment management, elite games team logistics, management of online registration systems, initial drafting for website content and day-to-day operations.
The position will be located in Edmonton, Alberta, and therefore the candidate must already reside or be willing to reside in Edmonton, Alberta. This position reports directly to the Program Manager and the Executive Committee of ATA. No moving costs will be given for out-of-town candidates.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the programs and initiatives of ATA, of the ATA Board of Directors, and the Executive Director
• Manage the operations of the ATA event equipment
• Help coordinate and manage all ATA registration systems including adult and youth memberships, club memberships, coaching courses and bicycle insurance programs
• Development, in conjunction with ATA staff and Board members, initial drafts for publication on ATA website, and manage Social Media Sites
• Support Alberta Summer Game initiatives
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the ATA office
• Coordinate, in conjunction with the Program Manager, all aspects of the event management
• Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma and enrolled in post-secondary education
• Active participation as a triathlete, swimmer, cyclist, runner, cross country skier or other endurance sports would be considered an strong asset
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to complete tasks unsupervised
• Ability to maintain an inventory control system for all ATA event equipment
• Excellent organizational skills that facilitate accurate record keeping and tracking
• Excellent verbal and oral communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently
• Ability to work in a multi-focused environment and respond effectively to requests for support
• Ability to work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization
• Ability to produce polished communication in written English
• Willingness to work extended hours and weekends in the peak periods of the season
a. Prioritize tasks and strive to achieve high standard in terms of quality and timeliness of all work products;
b. Contribute to the creation and projection of an ATA image characterized by inclusiveness, integrity, reliability, respect, courtesy, openness and commitment to excellence;
c. Promote ATA's core values, programs and materials;
d. Establish strong and productive relationships with the ATA staff and board of director members, thereby improving communication, and enhancing credibility and effectiveness of the Association. Failure to do so may result in loss of position and termination of contract.
This position encompasses a work schedule of roughly 25 hours per week. During the summer months, hours of work may vary depending on events. All expenses will be reimbursed as per ATA guidelines, which will be discussed at the interview stage.
Compensation: Salary plus bonus commensurate with experience
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references by April 9, 2014, to:
Alberta Triathlon Association c/o Sarah Hilworth, Program Manager at email@example.com
Position: Summer Student - Alberta Triathlon Association
Start Date - May 5, 2014
End Date - August 29, 2014
Alberta Triathlon Association
11749 Groat Road