Posted by Editoress on 06/7/14
Sporting Life is seeking an Assistant Store Manager at their Bikes and Boards (Toronto) location
• Manages the selling team with the objective of attaining location profitability targets including IPT goals and successful Mystery Shopper results
• Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business
• Assists in the planning and organizing of day to day operations of the store, to maximize sales and productivity;
• Serves as a role model for all customer service standards;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding selling skills, store cleanliness, departmental job lists, health and safety practices, dress code, staff relations and compliance with Sporting Life policies;
• Recruits and selects qualified staff in conjunction with the management team and assists with staff development through on-going coaching, succession planning, performance appraisals and fair and consistent leadership;
• Assists in controlling payroll budget while maximizing the wage dollars spent and hours utilized through effective scheduling;
• Adheres to Sporting Life guidelines in performing authorizations for warranties, repairs, returns and alterations;
• Resolves customer complaints through excellence in customer service, and efficient follow up to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
• Participates with the direction and control of opening and closing procedures and ready for business standards
• Understands and manages with the goal to achieve and surpass company financial objectives
• Controls shortage and loss ensuring all loss prevention standards are promoted and complied with by all employees
• Available for store related alarm calls
• Analyses market opportunities and feeds back input to buyers
• Performs other related assignments and duties as required.
• 5+ years retail management experience required
• 3-4 years of snowboard and high-end cycling sales experience required.
• Must have a passion for snowboarding and cycling.
• Comprehensive knowledge of bicycles, parts and accessories.
• Able to maintain the smooth operation of the store through the ability to function as part of a cohesive team
• Enthusiasm for serving public and professional business management
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• High standard of professionalism
• Participative yet assertive management style; leads by personal example, coaching and teamwork
• Highly sales and profit driven
• Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
• Able to use good situational judgment in order to reach conclusions that best satisfy both customer and company needs
• Creativity to organize and maintain merchandise in a visually appealing fashion
• Good analytical and mathematical skills
• Basic P.C., AS400 operating knowledge
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate the position in the subject line.
Please visit our website at www.livelifeatsportinglife.ca for a full list of available opportunities and to learn more about our company.
Start Date: As soon as possible
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|