Posted by Editoress on 07/15/00
World Cup Dual - Vail, Colorado
Courtesy Hank Sydor
1. Brian Lopes (USA) Volvo Cannondale
2. Mickael Deldyke (Fra) Taillefer
3. Eric Carter (USA) Team GT
4. Steve Peat (GBr) Team GT
1. Anne-Caroline Chausson (Fra) Volvo Cannondale
2. Tara Llanes (USA) Subaru Specialized
3. Katrina Miller (Aus) Jamis
4. Helen Mortimer (GBr) MTB UK
2 hours before the race was to start the skies were clear and it was hot. The organizers were wetting down the dual course with hoses to keep the dust down. About an hour before the race, clouds rolled in and it started to rain - hard. The race went on, despite the slippery conditions.
The downhillers were actually happy to see the rain come. The course was so dry that there was very little tire grip in many sections. The rain will pack it down and make it more ridable.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|