Posted by Editor on 11/29/14
The Sport Department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical, sport services and administrative coordination from January through April 2015 as the COC prepares for the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games. This internship is a non-paid position for current students.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Four (4) month placement (January through April 2015)
Monday to Friday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Canadian Olympic Committee (Montreal Office)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Intern would assist with various tasks including:
Logistics planning for the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games: accommodations, procurement, cargo, ticketing, rate card, outfitting, transportation, etc.
• Event logistics (registration, signage, gifting, onsite assistance, etc.) for the Olympic Preparation Workshops.
• Site visit logistics and content compiling for Toronto, Rio de Janeiro and PyeongChang Games
• Compilation and cataloging of historical Canadian results data at Pan American Games.
• Manage requests for information on historical Canadian participation / results at Pan American Games.
• Assist - as required - with other sport department projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport
• Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
• Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Database management
• Ability to work some weekends and week nights is required
• Sense of humour
• Bilingual (preferred)
This internship is a non-paid position. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by December 5, 2014 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|