Posted by Editor on 07/5/15
Are you the NEW face of Joyride 150? We are looking for a new shift lead...you know...the person who greets everyone with a smile and a come on in and have a good time attitude!
You have a great attention to detail and a drive to provide the best customer service possible. Your day will include ringing up guests for their admission and rentals, and selling merchandise from our concession area. You will also assist with booking parties and lessons as well as getting groups checked in and comfortable in the park.
Some of your time will be devoted to stocking shelves, cleaning the park (we are always cleaning) and keeping the washrooms respectable (not a fun job, but everyone here does it).
You will also be the go to person for others on shift. You are good with delegating and always on the lookout for what needs to be done next. You will get to know the regulars and feel part of a big community.
We are looking for someone to be invested in the enjoyment of Joyride 150. We want team members with the initiative to get through the things that need to be done so they can help us discover the things that will make us better. We want someone with an open mind that can help us grow to serve our great community of riders, an even better experience.
Duties & Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
• Ensure all opening and closing procedures are followed
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource to guests in a friendly and professional manner
• Provide an enthusiastic and fun environment for families and kids as well as individual participants and fellow employees
• Keep current on park pricing and specials
• Manage counter staff and ensure that they are working safely, effectively and following procedures
• Scheduling and booking parties, events and lessons
• Remain current on scheduled events and activities in and around the park
• Assist in generating programming, service and accessory sales
• Maintain situational awareness at all times
• Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
• Interface with guests to assess service needs
• Communicate with management to ensure a seamless visitor experience
• Count and reconcile tills at the end of the shift.
• General cleaning duties to maintain a positive feel to the park
• Suggest constant improvement ideas
• Instruct bicycle riding lessons based on company guidelines
• Attend to first aid situations
• Commitment to exceptional customer service (Required)
• A passion for bicycles and cycling
• Ability to use a computer and complete tasks on a variety of web based software applications
• Ability to understand and follow instructions and documented procedures
• Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
• High School diploma (or equivalency)
• Current First Aid certification (can be provided for selected candidate)
• Ability to show up on time, all the time.
The position requires a variety of working hours including weekends, evenings and holidays. The park can vary greatly in temperature throughout the year, please dress accordingly.
Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods of time.
Must have the ability to lift up to 20 kilograms.
Depending on experience. Park pass and shop deals are provided.
To Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, 2 personal or professional references, including contact information, and, most importantly, links or attachments telling your story. Please answer the question...Why I will be the best addition to the Joyride 150 team? The subject of your email should read "I'm the best one for the job!"
Thanks for reading this far and hope to hear from you soon!
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|