Posted by Editor on 02/11/16
Endurance and speed over three days of racing will hit the streets of Victoria and Metchosin with the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series p/b PISE, on June 3rd to 5th.
"We're bringing back a few of the riders' favourites with the Energylab Sprint Trial on Dallas Road and an Omnium format - which awards points to top 10 finishers throughout the weekend of action. This along with the grueling hills of the Cheemos Perogies Cycling Classic road race and the fast-paced Russ Hay's / Accent Inns Grand Prix gives the series a Tour de France look and feel," says Race Director, Jon Watkin.
"With the top male and female riders carrying a Leaders Jersey from one day to another, the potential for it to change hands, it really adds a different dimension and excitement to the races," he adds.
The Energylab Sprint Trial - a time trial on Victoria's scenic Dallas Road waterfront - will kick off the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series p/b PISE on Friday, June 3rd. The next day (Saturday, June 4th) in Metchosin, branded as one of the most grueling road racing courses in BC, the 10km Cheemos Perogies Cycling Classic will provide riders with relentless steep climbs and fast sweeping descents. This course has crowned as BC Cycling champions such pro racers as Vancouver's Jacob Schwingboth and Craig Richey, Fort Langley's Maggie Coles-Lyster, Victoria's own Adam De Vos, Megan Rathwell, and Cody Canning.
And, closing out the weekend on Sunday, the Russ Hay's/Accent Inns Grand Prix, Tim Horton's Timbit Challenge and Volkswagen Victoria "Beat the Olympians" relay challenge will light up the BC Legislature in a full day of cycling action. This day of action will feature fun family activities on the Legislative lawns as well as spectacular racing action and vendor booths around the Legislative Building's perimeter roads.
The 2016 Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series include:
• Energylab Sprint Trial, Friday, June 3rd (6 pm to approx. 8 p.m.) Dallas Road, Victoria
• Cheemos Perogies Cycling Classic, Saturday, June 4th (races starting at 7:30 a.m., women's/men's elite races starting at 10 a.m. and ending approximately 1:30 p.m.) at Liberty Road in Metchosin
• Russ Hay's / Accent Inns Grand Prix - Sunday, June 5th (starting at 8 a.m. with the women's elite race at noon and the last race, the men's elite, starting at 1 pm) at the Legislature Buildings, Victoria
• Tim Hortons Timbits Challenge -Sunday, June 5th, (starting at 11 a.m. at the Legislature Buildings, free event for kids aged 3 to 10)
• Volkswagen Victoria "Beat the Olympian" Relay - Sunday, June 5th, celebrity race held before the elite races.
The Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series p/b PISE is proudly supported by the City of Victoria, the Downtown Victoria Business Association, Cycling BC, and the District of Metchosin.
For more information on the cycling series, visit www.victoriabikerace.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|