Posted by Editor on 08/12/17
At Cycling BC, we're looking for enthusiastic team players. As part of the Cycling BC core team, your contribution is integral to our success. We value creative solutions to challenges and bring commitment to everything we do.
We are the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia, representing the full range of disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling. Our mission is to foster quality competition and to create partnerships to grow participation in the sport of cycling.
• We are a team - we work together and take responsibility
• We are flexible and creative - with our time, our solutions and our approach
• Our success is all about how we do things - how we think, solve problems, deliver, and communicate
• We are committed to growing the sport in our province and to supporting athletes, clubs and members to the best of our ability.
The Communications Manager will lead the overall development and implementation of the communications and marketing strategies of Cycling BC. This includes the strategic development and coordination of tactics and resources, ensuring content and support is relevant and creatively planned, and marketing relations and operations are prepared to support the continued growth of the organization, ensuring its activities and partnerships are brought to life in a meaningful manner for our members, stakeholders, partners, and the public. This position also entails ongoing sponsor engagement, to support the development of lasting partnerships for the organization.
The Communications Manager works in close collaboration with the core Cycling BC team, along with community stakeholders, to support membership and communication objectives that advance participation, development, and excellence in the sport of cycling, and to ensure that the evolving communications needs of the organization and its members are being met. The Communications Manager also works in close collaboration with partners to develop and implement strategies to maximize the impact of these partnerships for both parties.
The right candidate will be able to perform with a considerable degree of initiative and independence of action. The Communications Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
• A degree or diploma from a recognized post secondary institution in a related field, and 3 years + in a similar role. Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• In-depth working knowledge of sport, communications and not-for-profit organizations.
• Fluency in English is required including oral, written and public presentation skills in English.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with corporate and community partners.
• Exceptional understanding of sponsor, media and community relations, and experience with the development of a brand.
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level environment with emphasis on timelines and
• Understanding of cycling activities and lifestyle.
• Proven capacity to fit within a not-for-profit culture and show leadership in terms of workplace standards, drafting of policies and development of agreements.
• Commitment to confidentiality and impartiality.
Special Skills and Abilities
• Tactical planning to achieve targets within established framework.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create well-crafted and timely communications.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and HTML.
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision.
• Ability to work closely, cooperatively, and build relationships with internal and external associates.
• Excellent organization, time-management, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and administrative and computer skills.
• Expert computer skills: Microsoft Office, WordPress or similar CMS, social media platforms.
• Annual communications plans
• Marketing strategies and campaigns, integrated with communication plans
• Website, newsletter, and social media strategic plans and content
• Resources, relationships, and channels to maximize community engagement, and effectiveness and reach of communications and marketing activities
• Brand and look integration into program elements
• Key partner relationships
• Public engagement campaigns
• Marketing campaign and communications plans and content, including website, social media, newsletters, press releases and other marketing and communications materials
• Analytics from social media and web-based marketing activities
• Weekly website and newsletter written and media content, including timely updates to race calendar and web resources
• Timely responses to inquiries
• Partner and service provider contracts as needed
This is a full-time permanent position. Cycling BC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to the attention of Erin Waugh, Executive Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is August 22, 2017.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|