Posted by Editoress on 02/7/01
Stage 4: Alcudia to Port d'Alcudia, 172 kms
1. Michael Boogerd (Ned) Rabobank 4:38:55
2. Fabian Jeker (Sui) Milaneza-Maia-MSS
3. Felix Garcia (Esp) Festina
4. Francisco Cabello (Esp) Kelme
5. Juan De Los Angeles (Esp) Kelme all s.t.
6. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom at 2:02
7. Luca Paolini (Ita) Mapei
8. Sven Teutenberg (Ger) Festina
9. Angel Edo (Esp) Milaneza-Maia-MSS
10. Marco Serpellini (Ita) Lampre-Daikin all s.t.
1. Matthew Hayman (Aus) Rabobank 15:44:53
2. Francisco Cabello (Esp) Kelme at 1:46
3. Felic Garcia (Esp) Festina
4. Juan De los Angeles (Esp) Kelme all s.t.
5. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom 3:48
6. Tom Desmet (Bel) Bankgiroloterij
7. Sven Teutenberg (Ger) Festina
8. Josu Silloniz (Esp) Euskaltel
9. David Clinger (USA) Festina
10. Javi Pascual Llorente (Esp) Kelme all s.t.
Etoile de Bessèges
Stage 1: La Seyne-sur-Mer to Aubagne, 141 km
1. Nico Eeckhout (Bel) Lotto-Adecco 3:28:47.
2. Jakob Piil (Den) at 0:01.
3. Chris Peers (Bel)
4. Christophe Bassons (Fra) both s.t.
5. Nicolas Reynaud (Fra) 0:10.
6. Nicolas Jalabert (Fra) s.t.
7. Jaan Kirsipuu (Est) 0:26.
8. Hendrik Van Dyck (Bel)
9. Steffen Radochla (Ger)
10. Jan Svorada (Tch) all s.t.
the Missile on the Mend
Courtesy Global Racing
Former World Champion and World Cup winner Missy Giove is on the road to recovery after a 19 January training accident, near her home at Durango, Colorado, in which she sprained ligaments in both knees and cracked the head of her right tibia.
The injuries were sustained when she crashed her bicycle and slid over a ledge. No surgery was, or is, required and the initial prognonis was for full recovery six to eight weeks after the accident.
Specifically, the injuries are sprains of the anterior and posteriorcruciate ligaments in Missy's left leg, as well as the cracked tibia.
In her right leg, she sustained a sprain to the medial collateral ligament.
In a statement made on 6 February, Missy said: "Rehab is ahead ofschedule, as I anticipated, and my therapists and I have an off-road goal of 24 Feb. I am confident that I will be able to attain thisgoal."
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|