Posted by Editoress on 06/18/01
Grand Prix Cycliste de Beauce
The 2001 GP de Beauce will start in Quebec City in a little less than 3/4 of an hr with a Team Time Trial. The stage starts at the top of the Plains of Abraham. The 13.3 km loop will go long Grand Allée, Chemin St-Louis, Côte Gignac, Boule Champlain and back up to the Plains along the river on Côte Gilmor.
The rider to wear the yellow jersey after tonights stage will be from the winning team and will be chosen by his team.
The weather is mostly sunny, 25 degrees Celsius with a slight breeze. We will endeavor to bring you splits as the stage progresses. (Rob is attempting to get a ride over to the final climb).
Mirabel Road Challenge: Quebec
Courtesy Marc-Wayne Addison
Jr. Men 90kms. 23 starters
1. Frédéric Millet, Opus 2:43 :32
2. Jean-Phillipe Marion, Vb Saeco
3. Fabrice Debruge, Ind both s.t.
Sr. Women 70kms. ( comp result n/a)11 starters
1. Sophie St-Jacques, WV Team
Sr. Men 1-2-3, 90kms. 57 Starters
1. Vicent Caron, André Lalonde 2:36 :24
2. Yvan Dion, Martin Swiss
3. Carl Dessurault, VB Saeco
4. Martin Lessard, Ind all s.t.
5. John Malois, Bromont 2:37:08
6. Marc-Wayne Addison, VB Saeco
7. Mark Comaniak, André Lalonde both s.t.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|