June 5/97 18:29 pm - Manitoba News, Giro
Posted by Editor on 06/5/97
Manitoba News (courtesy of the Manitoba Cycling Association)
The roads to the south of Winnipeg are now open. St Marys Road is open for those wanting to ride to St. Adolphe and beyond. The road is in good shape but can be muddy and have gravel in some areas. Watch out for the many construction vehicles fixing flood damaged roads and homes. Traffic can be quite heavy, take care. Red River Drive is open as well, but is in poor condition in many places. Broken pavement and gravel patches are numerous. As well, there are many parked cars and trucks on the street where people are repairing their homes.
***POT LUCK*** Get to know your board of directors (and webpage people), other cyclists, and families involved with cycling. In conjunction with the Kids of Mud Bring a Friend Event the MCA is having a BBQ & Potluck Afternoon, SUNDAY JUNE 8 1997 from 2 till 5 PM at Highland Park on Henderson Hwy (3 km north of the perimeter hwy) For more info call Katherine Pascoe, Volunteer & Membership Director at 832 5348
Giro dâ€šItalia, Italy
Stage 19, Predazzo-Falses, 222 km:
1. Jose Luis Rubiera (Spa) Kelme 7:00:02
2. Roberto Conti (Ita) Mercatone Uno at 3:06
3. Giuseppe Guerini (Ita) Polti s.t.
4. Ivan Gotti (Ita) Saeco 3:08
5. Jose Jaime Gonzalez (Col) Kelme s.t.
6. Andrea Noe (Ita) Asics 3:33
7. Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Mercatone Uno 4:01
8. Pavel Tonkov (Rus) Mapei 4:03
9. Roberto Petito (Ita) Saeco
10. Dario Frigo (Ita) Saeco both s.t.
1. Gotti 86:20:35
2. Tonkov at 1:32
3. Guerini 6:00
4. Miceli 8:33
5. Gontchar 10:27
6. Di Grande 11:04
7. Belli 12:44
8. Serrano 14:00
9. Garzelli 14:42
10. Rubiera 15:09
Note: You may have noticed the incorrect date on yesterday's posting - I guess we were up too late!