Posted by Editoress on 10/15/01
2001Tour de l'Abitibi
Tour de l'Abitibi will take place July 16-21.
Tour de l'Abitibi is a stage race for Junior men, that takes place annually in Northern Quebec.
Supercup Cyclocross Series Opener - Oct. 13, 2001
1. Eric Vervecken (Spaarselect) Belgium 11 laps in 1:02.45
2. Tim Johnson (Saturn/Timex) Middleton, Mass.
3. Marc Gullickson (Mongoose/Hyundai) Boulder, Colo.
4. Jonny Sundt (K2) Redmond, Wash.
5. Mark McCormack (Saturn/Timex) North Easton, Mass.
6. Todd Wells (Mongoose/Hyundai) Tucson, Ariz.
7. Sten Raeymakers (Goed Verzekerd) Belgium
8. Frank McCormack (Saturn/Timex) Leicester, Mass.
9. Ben Jacques-Maynes (Palo Alto) Santa Cruz, Mass.
10. Peter Wedge (Kona/Voicestream) New Brunswick.
1. Lyne Bessette (Saturn) Knowlton, Quebec
2. Anne Grande (Kona/Voicestream) Seattle, Wash.
3. Carmen D'aluiso (Clif Bar) Watsonville, Calif.
4. Jeannette Nussbaum (Bolla/Bianchi) Seattle, Wash.
5. Emilly Thorne (Cyclocrossworld.com) Essex, Mass.
6. Gina Hall (Kona/Voicestream) Redmond, Wash.
7. Mary McConneloug (Jamba Juice) Fairfax, Calif.
8. Shauna Gilles-Smith (Gearworks/SRP)
9. Christine Vardaros (Jamba Juice) Mill Valley, Calif.
10. Rachel Lloyd (Team Spine) Santa Cruz, Calif.
Oakville CC's Hilton Falls Cyclo-Cross Race
Courtesy Joe Marangi
Sunday October 14th - It was a rainy, muddy day, but that's what makes cross the sport it is. The race started out as a "Le Mans" type start, but after the 1st lap it was evident where the real battle was going to be waged. Scott Buschlen (BCC) broke away with a 15 second lead over Gears/MBRC's Andrew Hickman - with Ian Starke in hot pursuit in 3rd. Buschlen led for over 3/4 of the race, when on the 2nd last lap he flatted both tires. With the help of Barb Brzezicki's spare wheels, he was able to hold on to second place, and Starke kept his hard earned 3rd--while Hickman took top spot. Here are the top 10 placings for the 6 lap/1 hour Race.
1. Andrew Hickman - Gears/MBRC
2. Scott Buschlen - BCC
3. Ian Starke - Ind.
4. Rob Cheskey - Hamilton CC
5. Randy Brown - Hamilton CC
6. Ron Spencer - Hardwood CC
7. Greg Cavanagh - Cyclepath Oakville
8. Gord Avann - Newmarket CC
9. Rod Pollard - Cyclepath Oakville
10. Leslie Greene - Team GT
Thanks to all that came out and supported us. We had a great turnout!! Don't forget about next Saturdays Cross Race at Bronte Creek. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your place. See you all there.
Nominations Being Accepted for CCA Positions
Various positions are available with the CCA's Development Committee, High Performance Committee and Executive Council. Go to CCA News for the nomination form.
Upcoming events in Nova Scotia
Courtesy Andrew Feenstra, Cyclesmith
Cyclesmith with be hosting a movie release party for "Disorder II, Fat Tire Fury" on Saturday October 20th, 2001 from 6:30-9:00pm @ the Pacifico Bar & Grill. The cost is $2 with a non-perishable food item and $5 without. Everyone is welcome to attend. Contact Cyclesmith for more information by email - email@example.com or by phone 902 434 1756 or 902 425 1756.
Cyclesmith will also be hosting the "Kona Super Cup Cyclocross Series" @ Seaview Park Lookoff on October 21st, 28th and November 4th, and 18th @ 12:00 noon. The cost is $2 per race, and free for Cyclesmith club members.
Membership has its privileges. Contact Cyclesmith for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|