Posted by Editor on 03/19/98
UCI BMX Awards
The UCI is offering cash to the top BMX racers from around the world. They think it will encourage more riders into BMX. Personally (this is the editorÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s opinion), I think the money would be better spent encouraging some grassroots programs - the top riders are already in it for the money, and new riders wonÃ¢â‚¬Å¡t get much chance at the cash. If you want more info on the UCI plan, go here.
News From South Carolina
Just thought we would send you a line and let you know that the Lakeshore Women's racing team is enjoying the training in South Carolina even though the weather has been wet and cold. We're staying at Table Rock Park and if any other Canadians are coming down for the training make sure you sign Joe Walden's Canadian flag. Joe is a ranger at the park and a big Canadian cycling fan! We climbed to the top of the Continental Divide and are climbing the famous Caesar's Head tomorrow morning. Hope the rain stops. Y'all are welcome to join us!
Lakeshore Womens' Cycling Team.
Stage 8 - San Benedetto del Tronto, 166 km
1. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom-ADR 4:47:13
2. Steven de Jongh (Ned) TVM
3. Mario Manzoni (Ita) Mobilvetta-Northwave
4. Alessandro Bertolini (Ita) Cofidis
5. Dario Pieri (Ita) Scrigno-Gaerne all s.t.
1. Rolf Jaermann (Swi) Casino 38:27:30
2. Franco Ballerini (Ita) Mapei at 0:04
3. Jens Heppner (Ger) Telekom-ADR 1:15
4. Rolf Sorensen (Den) Rabobank 13:15
5. Zbigniew Spruch (Pol) Mapei 13:20
As was pointed out to me, I misspelled Guinness in yesterdayÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s postings....Oh well, as long as it is spelling, not spilling...
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|