Posted by Editoress on 01/18/02
Coast-to-Coast Ride Update - January 18, 2002
Courtesy Paul Skafel - Gears Racing
Canadians Kevin Wallace and Jeff Rushton have reached the halfway point of their 24 day Coast-to-Coast Ride Against Cancer, a cycling journey to raise money for cancer research and support. Jeff and Kevin are riding from San Diego, California to St. Augustine, Florida over 24 days to raise funds for two great charities: the Lance Armstrong Foundation (US Donations) and the Trillium Breast Cancer Fund (Canadian Donations).
Yesterday, January 17th, marked lucky Day 13 of the ride. The planned route called for a relatively short day at 164km/101 miles from San Marcos, Texas through a roundabout tour to Austin, Texas with the day ending at the Lance Armstrong Foundation headquarters. The day went well with David Stence and Andy White from the Lance Armstrong Foundation joining the ride near Austin.
However, Jeff Rushton was treated to the surprise of the ride a short time later when Lance Armstrong and Chann McRae of the US Postal Cycling team met them on the road! Lance and Chann interrupted their daily training ride to join the Coast-to-Coast Ride for 10 miles! What a treat! Full details of their meeting can be found in the Daily Updates section of website.
Statistics to date:
Mileage: 2708km / 1681 miles
Climbed: 29291m / 96098 feet
Money Raised: $106,041
Lance Armstrong Meetings: 1
Follow their journey and find full details of the event, including Dedications, Daily Updates and Pictures can be found at:
Check back often to view their progress and be inspired by the courageous story of those affected by cancer. Join cycling legends Curt Harnett and Steve Bauer by leaving a note in the 'Your Comments' section. We can make a difference and find a cure!
To donate, visit: here or call Gears Bike Shop @ (905) 271-2400
Full details on the event can be found at www.coasttocoastride.com
For more information, please contact Ira Kargel at Gears Bike Shop - email@example.com or (905) 271-2400
The Lance Armstrong Foundation
Trillium Health Centre
Tour Down Under Adelaide, Australia
Stage 4: Unley - Victor Harbor, 141km
1. Robbie McEwen (Aus) Lotto Adecco 3:25:50
2. Danilo Hondo (Ger) Telekom
3. Jaan Kirsipuu (Est) AG2r-Prevoyance
4. Baden Cooke (Aus) La Française Des Jeux
5. Andrea Tafi (Ita) Mapei Quick Step
6. Luca Paolini (Ita) Mapei Quick Step
7. Fabio Sacchi (Ita) Saeco-Longoni Sport
8. Thierry Loder (Fra) AG2r-Prevoyance
9. Luke Roberts (Aus) UniSA
10. Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Crédit Agricole
11. Alexandre Botcharov (Rus) AG2r-Prevoyance
12. Paul Van Hyfte (Bel) CSC - Tiscali
13. Stefano Zanini (Ita) Mapei Quick Step
14. Patrick Jonker (Aus) UniSA
15. Anthony Morin (Fra) Crédit Agricole
16. Biagio Conte (Ita) Saeco-Longoni Sport
17. Fred Rodriguez (USA) Domo Farm Frites
18. Tristan Hoffman (Ned) CSC - Tiscali
19. Michael Rogers (Aus) Australian Institute Of Sport
20. Allan Davis (Aus) Australian Institute Of Sport all S.t.
1. Fabio Sacchi (Ita) Saeco-Longoni Sport 11:25:44
2. Michael Rogers (Aus) Australian Institute Of Sport at 0:01
3. Andrea Tafi (Ita) Mapei Quick Step 0:05
4. Alexandre Botcharov (Rus) AG2r-Prevoyance 0:07
5. Paul Van Hyfte (Bel) CSC - Tiscali
6. Patrick Jonker (Aus) UniSA
7. Anthony Morin (Fra) Crédit Agricole all s.t.
8. Daniele Nardello (Ita) Mapei Quick Step 0:45
9. Robert Tighello (Aus) Australian Institute Of Sport 0:46
10. Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Crédit Agricole 0:53
11. Biagio Conte (Ita) Saeco-Longoni Sport 0:54
12. Steffen Wesemann (Ger) Telekom 0:56
13. Cadel Evans (Aus) Mapei Quick Step s.t.
14. Inigo Chaurreau Bernadez (Esp) AG2r-Prevoyance 1:44
15. Scott Davis (Aus) Australian Institute Of Sport 5:06
16. Robbie McEwen (Aus) Lotto Adecco 7:58
17. Kevin Hulsmans (Bel) Mapei Quick Step 8:03
18. Dave McPartland (Aus) United Water 8:06
19. Luca Paolini (Ita) Mapei Quick Step 8:09
20. Danilo Hondo (Ger) Telekom s.t..
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|