February 9/02 10:53 am - Rhonde van Wind-Del Information
Posted by Editoress on 02/9/02
RONDE VAN WIND-DEL
Courtesy Valerie Davidge
A Belgian Style race in Canada's Belgian Tobacco and Ginseng Farm Lands
April 6th and 7th, 2002
Ontario's answer to the Ronde Van Vlaanderan
Race H.Q: Wind-Del Community Park, Windham Centre, Delhi. See Directions.Entry Fee: $50 for all 3 stages or $20 per stage .ScheduleSaturday 6th April, 2002 Circuit Road Race (Kermesse) 1p.m. 90 kms. Registration 11.30a.m. at Race H.QSunday 7th April, 2002 Individual Time Trial 10.00a.m. Sign-On 8.00a.m. at Race H.QSunday 7th April, 2002 Circuit Road Race (Kermesse_ 1p.m. 73 kms. Sign-On 11.00a.m. Race H.Q
You must produce one of the following at Registration to be able to ride:
CCA 2002 Racing License
2002 Membership Card, OCA Affiliated Club
Insurance will be available at an additional fee
Directions to Wind-Del Community Park from Toronto
Take QEW and 403 through Hamilton to the top of Hamilton Mountain at Ancaster. Leave Hwy 403 and join Hwy #2 toward Brantford. At Brant Road #18, turn left Follow Brant Road #18 for 8kms to Brant County Road #4 and turn left. Keep on #4 for about 11 kms. and cross Brant County Road #24 at Oakland. Continue to Scotland to the junction of Hwy. #24 after 3kms. Turn left onto Hwy #24 and immediately right at the fork onto Brant County Road #4. Continue for 6.5kms through Vanessa and then another 5kms. to Haldimand Norfolk Road #25. Turn left and proceed for 5kms to Windham Centre. At the T junction, turn right onto RR #9. Take the first left back onto #25, cross the railway tracks and Wind-Del Community Park is on the left hand side.
Start at the entrance to Wind-Del Community Park and turn
right onto RR #25, cross the tracks and turn right onto RR #9 at the T Junction. Turn left at the Windham Centre General Store to start circuit. The race will be neutralized to this point. Proceed along RR #25 to Windham Road #7 and turn right. Proceed approx. 2 kms to Windham Road 1/4 Line East and turn right (CAUTION). Continue along 1/4 Line East and turn right onto RR #9 (CAUTION). Proceed along #9 to complete circuit at Windham Centre where right onto RR #25 (approx. 8.7kms). On the last lap finish on #9 at Windham Centre. Complete 9laps and finish at the end of the 10th.
Start alongside entrance to Windham Centre School (RR #25) and proceed east to 1/4 Line East where turn right. Cross rail tracks (CAUTION) at 3.5 kms. Proceed to junction with Windham Road #9 where right and to Regional Road #25 where right. Proceed north on #25 and finish outside Wind-Del Centre Community Park. 9kms.
Start at the entrance to Wind-Del Community Park and turn right onto RR #25, cross the tracks, turn right onto RR #9 at the T Junction and left onto RR #25 at the Windham Centre General Store. The race will be neutralized up to this point. Proceed on RR #25 to Windham Road #7 to start the circuit. (2.5kms) Continue on RR #25 to RR #4 where right (CAUTION), proceed to Windham Road #6 which is a fork. Take the right fork (CAUTION - BAD PAVEMENT ON #6) and proceed to Windham East 1/4Line Road (CAUTION), turn right at Windham Road #7 (CAUTION) and proceed to RR #25 to complete circuit (approx. 9kms) On the last lap, finish on #7 at the Waste Pit. Complete 7laps and finish at the end of the 8th.
This event is held under the rules and regulations of the Ontario Cycling Association. There are a number of STOP signs on the course. Every effort will be made to marshal these properly. However, riders must be continually mindful that they are competing on open roads.
Please note well:
1. The event has been granted a Citizen's sanction by the OCA. It is, therefore open to both Licensed and Unlicensed riders. Note Registration restrictions above. All riders will compete in one event regardless of sex, age and category.
2. This is a points race with the overall being determined by points. These points will be given to the top 10 in each stage. The points are 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for the road stages and 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for the ITT, regardless of category.
3. There will be two sprints during each road stage with will carry bonus points 3-2-1.
4. If riders opt not to compete in all the stages, they will not qualify for points and any points they might have accrued will be dropped from the standings.
5. Prizes will be given (merchandise and cash according to rider support) to the overall standings only and will be announced at sign in. There will be no stage or category prizes. In 2001, $700 was given in cash prizes plus donated goods.
6. The judges decision shall be final.
7. Prize Presentations will be made after Stage 3 at the Wind-Del Community Park as soon as possible after the finish.
8. Take a look at the only track between Calgary and Quebec while you are here. Plan to give it a try this summer.
9. There is no guarantee that Service Vehicles will accompany the race. Come prepared.
10. Refreshments will be available at Race HQ throughout the weekend.
11. Changing rooms and hot showers are available at Race HQ.
Organiser: - Valerie Davidge 905-824-8906 (not after 9p.m) or at email@example.com