Posted by Editoress on 05/19/02
Enumclaw Stage Race Seattle, Washington
Courtesy Dan Proulx
Stage 2 Criterium
Sarah Stewart of Opus Women's Cycling remains the top Canadian after the Stage 2 Criterium at the Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race near Seattle. Stewart finished 3rd in the Criterium. Despite a 5 second time bonus, her G.C. position remains unchanged at 7th.
Marni Prazsky (Trek Volkswagon) was very agressive throughout the race - winning a few primes on her way to a pack finish. She made one strong break-away attempt in the final laps of the race, but was chased down by the 37 rider field.
At 8:10am this morning, the Women's field will embark on the final stage of the event - the Mud Mountain Road Race which features a 3km climb on each lap. The climb is followed by a very fast descent and a flat, winding approach to the climb on the next lap. Mud Mountain should cause the riders to seperate by several minutes on the General Classification.
Stage 2 - Women's Results
1. Jeanette Nussbaum (Recycled Cycles) Bonus - 15seconds
2. Emily Westbrook (Greggs) Bonus - 10seconds
3. Sarah Stewart (Opus Women's Cycling) Bonus - 5 second
4. Dawn Berg (Kappa)
5. Naomi Gollogly (Bike Gallery)
6. Liza Rachetto ( Lost River)
7. Marni Praszky (Trek Volkswagon)
8. Mellissa Samborn
9. Petrina Tulissi (Gruppo Sportivo)
10. Nina Krach (Escape Velocity)
11. Jenny Trew (Opus Women's Cycling)
12. Lisa Sweeney (Kappa)13. Effie Wardenberg
14. Susan Macht (Devo)
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|