April 8/98 18:44 pm - Congratulations, Euro News
Posted by Editor on 04/8/98
We would like to congratulate Braunâ€šs Bicycle & Fitness in Kitchener Ontario Their website â€žBraunâ€šs Onlineâ€° (www.brauns.com) has been selected by Industry Canada for a case study of businesses that are making a successful transition to doing business over the internet.
Braunâ€šs Online is an award winning site receiving the 1996 Retailer of the Year.from the Kitchener-Waterloo Sales & Ad Club. In 1997 the store received The Heritage Award from the City of Kitchener, and the site received a Hot Site Award from Starting Point, a major Internet web site. Braunâ€šs is also a Canadian Cyclist dealer...
Ghent - Wevelgem, Belgium
1. Frank Vandenbroucke (Bel) Mapei-Bricobi 5:21:21
2. Lars Michaelson (Den) TVM-Farm Frites at 0:07
3. Nico Mattan (Bel) Mapei-Bricobi s.t.
4. Andrei Tchmil (Bel) Lotto Mobistar 0:30
5. Laurent Desbiens (Fre) Cofidis
6. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom-ADR
7. Henk Vogels (Aus) GAN
8. Peter van Petegem (Bel) TVM-Farm Frites
9. Jeroen Blijlevens (Ned) TVM-Farm Frites
10. Fabio Baldato (Ita) Riso Scotti all s.t.
Tour Basque Country, Spain
Stage 3 - Balmaseda to Viana, 212 km
1. Pascal Herve (Fra) Festina 5:18:46
2. Inigo Cuesta (Spa) ONCE at 0:01
3. Stefano Zanini (Ita) Mapei-Bricobi 1:38
4. Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Mercatone Uno
5. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE all s.t.
1. Inigo Cuesta (Spa) ONCE 15:18:28
2. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE at 0:51
3. Francesco Casagrande (Ita) Cofidis
4. Valdimir Belli (Ita) Festina both s.t.
5. Beat Zberg (Swi) Rabobank 1:07
Canadian Heritage Interactive Journey
In the spring of 1999 a series of cycling teams will depart from various parts of the country on a journey. They will investigate and experience the culture, heritage, languages and lifestyles of the people and places of Canada and they will share their experiences with others through the Internet. Educators and learners alike will contribute to and benefit from sharing Canadaâ€šs heritage. The project will run begin in April of 1999. For more information on the Canadian Heritage Interactive Journey, visit their website: http://www.ingenuityworks.com/products/chij.html