Posted by Editor on 02/17/04
Courtesy Lesley Tomlinson
ym magazine is having a contest - Last Boy Standing - and one of the finalists is a mountain biker from Vancouver who rides for the Rocky Mountain Development Team - Trevor Mahon. You can vote for Trevor at www.ym.com/boys/realboys/aug0304.jsp. The winner receives a scholarship.
Spin Classes at Ryerson - Toronto
C3 Ryerson, the Toronto chapter of Barrie Shepley's Cross-Training Club, is planning to hold a 3-hour spin class this Sunday, Feb.22, from 9-12 at RAC (the Ryerson Athletic Centre).
Good music, no dirt on your bike, no mittens required! It's also a chance to talk with a certified coach about your training plans.
Cost is $15; each rider provides their own bike & trainer. Parking downtown is free until 1 pm.
If you are interested, please email Tina Mayberry at email@example.com for further info.
Gears 24 Hour Spin for the Ring
Mississauga, Ontario, February 16 th, 2004 - The fifth annual Gears 24-Hour Spin for the Ring, Mississauga's largest fundraiser, kicks off this Friday at the Hershey Centre. Over 2,500 participants will ride stationary bikes (some for a full 24 hours) to help raise funds for the Betty Wallace Women's Health Centre (part of the Trillium Health Centre in Etobicoke). This unique event blends fitness, entertainment and fun - all for a good cause. The event raised over $300,000 last year, and this year's goal is to raise $1,000,000 for the cause. The wheels will start spinning at 10 p.m. Friday, with Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion welcoming participants and kicking off the event.
* Event kick-off and welcome by the Honourable Hazel McCallion
* Carol McCartney Ã‹â€ will be singing the national anthem at 10:00 p.m.
* Wheels of more than 225 stationary bikes start spinning at 10 p.m.
* Doug Soul will perform at 10:00 - 11:00 p.m.
* World renowned flamenco guitarist Ottmar Liebert and his band Luna Negra performing from 8:30-10:00 p.m. in a special, one-time concert on Saturday night. Liebert has gained international recognition with his gold-winning album Nouveau Flamenco and the Grammy-nominated Borrasca. The Patti Jannetta Band and Doug Sole will open for Liebert at 5:40 p.m. and 6:40 p.m. respectively. Concert Tickets are available: Tickets are still available for this unique performance. Cost is $40.00 for general admission seating and $100.00 for VIP floor seating (limited number available). Visit www.ticketmaster.ca.
* Salon Donato hairstylist, Claude Bayne (a member of Straight Goodz Funk- performing at 2:00 a.m.) will also be "cutting for cancer" from 3:00-4:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. The cost for an early-morning haircut will be $45, with proceeds going directly to the Betty Wallace Women's Health Centre.
* Other bands performing at the event include: Animal House, DJ Logic, Straight Goodz Funk, Tony Springer "Wild T", The Adds, Marshall Dane, Raising Cain, Wheat Kings (Tragically Hip Tribute), Superfreak, The White (Led Zeppelin Tribute), Loco Zydeco, Carol McCartney Band and The Patti Jannetta Band. A complete schedule of events is available at www.thering.ca (click on Concert Information). General admission event tickets are available at a cost of $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. General admission tickets provide access to the Hershey Centre from 10:00 p.m. Friday to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. General admission tickets do not include entrance to the Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra concert.
Ontario NCCPÃ‚Â Level 1 Road Technical Course
We are now accepting applications for a Level 1 Road Technical Course the details are as follows:
Course: Level 1 Road Technical
Date: March 20-21, 2004
Location: 1185 Eglinton Ave. East, Room 1B, North York, ON
Cost: $125 + $8.75 GST = $133.75
Manuals will be provided.Ã‚Â Please bring all necessary writing utensils and paper as well as lunch. Any further inquiries should be directed to Jamie Beblow at 416.426.7401. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail cheque and registration form to:
The Ontario Cycling Association
C/O Jamie Beblow
1185 Eglinton Ave. East
North York, ON
Make cheques payable to The Ontario Cycling Association. Application will be accepted once full payment and application form have been received. Deadline for applications is March 12, 2004.
Trofeo Laigueglia - Italy
1 Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 4:35:28
2 Lorenzo Bernucci (Ita) Landbouwkrediet-Colnago
3 Romans Vaintseins (Lat) Lampre
4 Serhiy Honchar (Ukr) De Nardi
5 Luca Paolini (Ita) Quick.Step-Davitamon
6 Marcus Zberg (Sui) Gerolsteiner
7 Daniele Pietropolli (Ita) Tenax
8 Paolo Bossoni (Ita) Lampre
9 Massimiliano Gentili (Ita) Domina Vacanze
10 Massimo Giunti (Ita) Domina Vacanze all s.t.
Mark Walters (Navigators Insurance) finished with the bunch.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|